ILS intercepts LOC but after 1-2miles it climbs

Gilbnx

In the recent couple of flights I noticed that the aircraft intercepts the ILS localizer but after 1-2 miles of descent it suddenly starts to climb. I had to intervene (AP disengage) in those two cases and manually keep it on the glide slope. 

Any idea what might be causing it? 

10 hours ago, Gilbnx said:

In the recent couple of flights I noticed that the aircraft intercepts the ILS localizer but after 1-2 miles of descent it suddenly starts to climb. I had to intervene (AP disengage) in those two cases and manually keep it on the glide slope. 

Any idea what might be causing it? 

Screen Shots or Videos help a lot to decipher the information to then offer some help..

15 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

Screen Shots or Videos help a lot to decipher the information to then offer some help..

Understand. I'll try though it's hard as I did that in VR 🙂

1 hour ago, MikeB54 said:

What speed were you flying the approach at? If you're descending on the GS and carrying too much speed over VRef I have seen this happen.

Might be the case for me, I was descending to FAF and might have had an excess speed (though it was probably below 200kts, still above vRef). Will put an eye on the speed next time to confirm.

Archived