Spoilers effect is different between keyboard shortcut and fully extending the lever manually

eag_a

I'm noticing that the spoiler effect (speed reduction) is vastly different when manually pulling the lever to the max, and when using the spoilers keyboard shortcut!

Try it for yourself: extend the spoiler manually to max, then hit the shortcut and see that speed decreases even more.

Seems like there is an issue here / anybody else getting that?

7 hours ago, eag_a said:

I'm noticing that the spoiler effect (speed reduction) is vastly different when manually pulling the lever to the max, and when using the spoilers keyboard shortcut!

Try it for yourself: extend the spoiler manually to max, then hit the shortcut and see that speed decreases even more.

Seems like there is an issue here / anybody else getting that?

I think that command will deploy the Ground Spoilers in the air as well...

On 9/1/2021 at 7:46 PM, LesOReilly said:

I think that command will deploy the Ground Spoilers in the air as well...

Makes sense, and shows that you have to be careful when using keyboard shortcuts. 

Even the "autopilot" shortcut doesn't interact well with some third party autopilots.

6 hours ago, eag_a said:

Makes sense, and shows that you have to be careful when using keyboard shortcuts. 

Even the "autopilot" shortcut doesn't interact well with some third party autopilots.

They can't ...  All the good planes have their own APs and need to drive the sim under the hood ...  WT is trying to change that with the NXI since they are also at the same time changing the SDK so that you can drive the AP independent from the "Modes"..  That way a 3rd party could put the AP in Roll/Pitch mode and then be able to Write to the Mode Sim Vars..  And in addition to that they added the ability to "Intercept" commands so when the Sim Event for AP_PANEL_HDG is pressed it now goes into the NXI which will Flag HDG mode ... but they are still under the hood putting the Sim AP into Roll/Pitch mode  and using their own custom AP to fly the plane...  However for most other vendors you need to interact with their LVARs....

Archived