The Impossible Flight " VNKT to VQPR "

I have tried this flight in the CRJ 700 six times , some friends tried too .. 

You cant reach TOC , the Simulator  hangs to the extend that it even can't be closed , 

Tested with 3 other Aircraft absolutely no problem .. I can't even add a log or screenshot every time 

Can someone please try and confirm .. 

VNKT IGRI1B KIMTI B345 TUMLI G348 SUBSU SUBSU1 VQPR
Above is the Flight Plan used . 
CRJ 700 Challenge 

There are already several posts about VQPR.

There is a current bug in the release version of the CRJ that will cause a system freeze if you select any procedures that are “RNP”. Both the STAR and approaches for VQPR are RNP. This has been fixed for the next update. 

Even with the bug free version, the CRJ does not, (and cannot) fly this approach correctly, as the FMS and autopilot in both the real and simulated CRJ does not have the ability to track the extremely complex RNP lateral and vertical paths that the three VQPR RNP approaches require.

In fact there are only seven aircraft in the entire world which are capable of flying the RNP approaches into Paro - 3 Airbus 319s, 1 Airbus A320 and 1 ATR 42-600 owned by DrukAir, and 2 A319s owned by Bhutan Airlines.

You can certainly attempt the approach visually if you want, but do not expect the autopilot in the CRJ to track the approaches the way they are depicted on the charts, because it won’t.

8 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

There are already several posts about VQPR.

There is a current bug in the release version of the CRJ that will cause a system freeze if you select any procedures that are “RNP”. Both the STAR and approaches for VQPR are RNP. This has been fixed for the next update. 

Even with the bug free version, the CRJ does not, (and cannot) fly this approach correctly, as the FMS and autopilot in both the real and simulated CRJ does not have the ability to track the extremely complex RNP lateral and vertical paths that the three VQPR RNP approaches require.

In fact there are only seven aircraft in the entire world which are capable of flying the RNP approaches into Paro - 3 Airbus 319s, 1 Airbus A320 and 1 ATR 42-600 owned by DrukAir, and 2 A319s owned by Bhutan Airlines.

You can certainly attempt the approach visually if you want, but do not expect the autopilot in the CRJ to track the approaches the way they are depicted on the charts, because it won’t.

Thank you for the reply , 

Was not expecting the CRJ RNP in to VQPR but a visual approach , It was just that I could not find the bug in a search on this Forum , 

I am quite aware of the IRL limitations of the CRJ , especially the CRJ2 , I was flying it for a regional airline in my distant past 

That said thank you again , and eagerly await the update 

And with that you can CLOSE this Topic 

Archived