Installation Issue Aircraft Not Appearing

DeltaRomeo1957

I bought the Microsoft FS through Steam.  The SIM is working correctly and I have bought airport add-ons through the in game Marketplace successfully previously.  I have purchased the CRJ 550/700 addon through the Marketplace which connects to Steam to complete the purchase.  CRJ is shown as owned.  However when I downloaded it completed a 1.78GB download then initiated an decompressing phase.  When this completed the package was still showing as not installed in the Content Manager.  If the download is reinitiated, it attempts the full 1.78 GB download sequence again, with the same result.  I have disabled my virus checker (BitDefender)  before installation.    I have just completed an uninstall and reinstall of MSFS and a fresh download of the CRJ from the Marketplace, the aircraft is shown as Not Installed in the Content Manager.  If I download from Content Manager, same result (screenshot attached).  I have my MSFS Steam directory on a dedicated SSD, I can see the downloaded files have been installed to D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\Packages\Official\Steam\aerosoft-crj .  Any advice on how to get the aircraft to show would be appreciated?

Please login to display this image.

CIAO HO LO STESSO PROBLEMA  CON STEAM HO LA VERSIONE STANDARD LE HO PROVATE TUTTE HO INVIATO MAIL SIA AL COSTRUTTORE CHE A STEAM CHIEDENDO ANCHE IL RIMBORSO MA NIENTE DA FARE SONO DELLE CAROGNE SUPPORTO ZERO HO SALVATO LA CARTELLA COMPLETA, SONO PASSATO ALLA VERSIONE DELUXE CON DVD HO TOTLTO STEAM CHE MI HA DAVVERO DELUSO INCOLPANDO SOLOL IL COSTRUTTORE ANCHE CON DELUXE INSTALLO LA CARTELLA CHE AVEVO SCARICATO MA HO LO STESSO PROBLEMA 50 EURO BUTTATI E NESSUNO CHE SA COME RISOLVERE SE HAI QUALCHE NOTIZIA POSTILA SUL FORUM LO STESSO VALE PER ME BUONA GIORNATA

I appear to have a resolution for this.  TIn the last line of the file C:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\UserCfg.opt  the path for packages is given as "InstalledPackagesPath "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\Packages".  The CRJ files had been installed into a sub directory: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\Packages\Official\Steam along with all other official content.  Closing the sim, moving the aerosoft-crj folder to the D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\Packages\Official folder and restarting the sim, made the CRJ aircraft appear in the sim.  I tried moving all files in the Steam folder to thye directory above but that caused the Sim to want download all recommended content again.  The odd thing though is I moved the aerosoft-crj folder back to the Steam folder and the aircraft still appears in the sim.

After doing the above, the aerosoft-crj folder resides in the Packages \Official\Steam folder along with all other Marketplace content.  I can now delete the add-on in Content Manager and it successfully re-installs.  I do get a CTD but this has been fixed by the setting in this post.  Relief!!

Archived