Why can I not comment in certain threads? (Threads which have not been closed)

Hello,

I was just perusing the forums and I noticed that there are a couple threads that I can't add any comments to. The threads are not closed and other users have added comments within the last hour or so so it made me a little curious.

Cheers,

Chax

• Deputy Sheriffs

Still not possible? I experienced especially with Firefox that sometimes for whatever reason the "Reply" window was not visible. So try the following:

- refresh the browser tab

- Log out and in again

- try another browser

I'm currently using Opera but I tried in Chrome and Safari. Logged out and back in. Still not working. I also tried on another computer and it doesn't work there either.

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 minutes ago, Chaxterium said:

I don't see how clearing cache will help.

broken cookie for example

But anyway, I will ask the forum admins.

10 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And the forum admins have absolutely no idea....  Asking the devs.

28 minutes ago, mopperle said:

broken cookie for example

But anyway, I will ask the forum admins.

I appreciate the help! And FYI @mopperle I just cleared my cache but it didn't solve the issue.

Cheers,

Chax

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Chaxterium said:

Correct. Here's what I see:

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 11.50.23.png

The thread you are looking at here is in a Club, Clubs work slightly differently in that you need to join them to be able to comment/create threads in them. If you scroll further up the page on that thread you should see a join button on the right hand side under where it says "The CRJ Community"

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

The thread you are looking at here is in a Club, Clubs work slightly differently in that you need to join them to be able to comment/create threads in them. If you scroll further up the page on that thread you should see a join button on the right hand side under where it says "The CRJ Community"

You nailed it! Thanks a lot!

• Like 1
  • Tom locked this topic