PFPX Route Translator Spreadsheets

Which version of Excel ?

Given that it previously worked for you and is not AIRAC dependent what has possibly changed.

Is the document in the trusted list or located in a trusted location ?

10 hours ago, srcooke said:

Which version of Excel ?

Given that it previously worked for you and is not AIRAC dependent what has possibly changed.

Is the document in the trusted list or located in a trusted location ?

Running the latest version of 365, 2102. It is trusted and located on the desktop. The only change I can think of is maybe it has updated, and that an excel update has broken it?

Can you check the downloaded prefroutes_db.csv file. On very rare occasions the FAA prefroutes_db.csv file includes quotes in each route. Not sure why this happens. This will cause an error similar to what you are encountering. If this is the case, an easy fix is to open the downloaded prefroutes_db.csv file in a text editor and use the find & replace function to remove the quotes. You can then use the fixed file in the spreadsheet.

Regards,

Serge

41 minutes ago, Serge75 said:

Can you check the downloaded prefroutes_db.csv file. On very rare occasions the FAA prefroutes_db.csv file includes quotes in each route. Not sure why this happens. This will cause an error similar to what you are encountering. If this is the case, an easy fix is to open the downloaded prefroutes_db.csv file in a text editor and use the find & replace function to remove the quotes. You can then use the fixed file in the spreadsheet.

Regards,

Serge

Hey mate, I can't seem to see any in there. 

Stirling

I just download the latest prefroutes_db.csv file to check and found it contains quotes (check it in a text editor, not excel). Using this file as is will cause the error you encountered. Once I removed the quotes using a text editor the spreadsheet worked.

image.png.ac527c24115ebd31a9d787efc1e7294a.png

image.thumb.png.ac41954eb311d5f2a76d98f3222137f4.png

Regards,
Serge

• Upvote 1

Hi @Serge75,

It all worked until step 6...upon saving it gives me an error: "Type mismatch"

image.thumb.png.6eea13b7768b3cb8d43df51398191403.png

Followed all the steps in the sheet (including removing the quotes). It parsed the data successfully and told me to continue to step 6 where I get this error. Any ideas how to fix this?

I haven't come across this error before so not sure what's gone wrong to be honest. Have you run the spreadsheet and exported the routes with success previously?

What's the Output tab on the spreadsheet look like? Similar to this below?

image.png.99fc371a6099efe33a9d7b7755b13b87.png

Yes I have been able to export the FAA routes previously (before the quotes change) perfectly. 

Yesterday I read about the quotes problem and applied the fix and it parsed the data succesfully (see below image):

image.thumb.png.d160e25ca5bec9c08c2845bb630989a8.png

This is how the output tab looks like:

image.thumb.png.2ebd12740db2cf7db1aac416ed61864b.png

Not as yours....I've included the formula field...but can't figure out what #REF! field it's missing....

Nvm @Serge75,

I just redownloaded the FAA Route Translator Spreadsheet, re-ran everything and it all works. I have my .txt file to import into PFPX. 
I think maybe from previous saves something must have corrupted the spreadsheet...

In any case, thank you for the help.