Changing arrival runway in FMC results in non-responsive aircraft

Playing around with programming the FMC, loaded a simbrief plan in with arrival into KSJC.  Originally ILS 12R.  Changed it to 30L no problem.  Went back to the dep/arr page to try and change it back to 12R again.  As soon as I click the LSK for "ILS12R" nothing happens and now a whole lot of things are non-functional.  I can flip light switches in the overhead but thing like MFD format knob, EFB "touch" capability, all buttons on the FMC etc. no longer function.  Good thing I was on the ground or this would be a NTSB incident if it was real life.

Oops just saw the FAQ about frozen displays.  I didn't check the console and ended up reloading the flight from the menus, but as far as the "we need to know the last thing you did" request, well, I clicked the LSK for a different runway in the Arrivals part of Dep/Arr in the FMS

Archived