Flightplan documentation issue

flyinion

Just spent over an hour trying to figure out why I couldn't import a Simbrief flightplan but the default plans were working just fine in the Route field in the FMS.  When I tried renaming one of the default plans and that wouldn't import either I realized something was really off. 

I was putting the plans in "D:\MS Flightsim packages\Community\aerosoft-crj\Work_Defaults" because I'm installed through Steam and packages are installed to a custom location vs default.  I figured that was the correct place and documentation was just off on the work vs work_defaults name since the flight plans were in there and loading.  In the documentation folder I found the Flightplan Format document which specifies they go in "%APPDATA%\\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\aerosoft‐crj\work" but my PC insists that path doesn't exist. 

That's odd however as in the error it also then spells out the entire correct path "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\aerosoft-crj\work" (removed my username in there).  Except the supplied path is parsed as roaming\\ instead of roaming\.  However after trying %appdata%\ instead of %appdata%\\ that still gives an error even though it also gives the full correct path in the error including \'s.  I only found this folder after searching all of my drives for locations of the default plans which loaded fine. 

Upon some final investigation Windows seems to not like the "-" in aerosoft-crj.

edit:  In case it was unclear, once I put a plan into the C:\Users folder path after I found it by searching since Windows doesn't like the documented path, it finally worked.

Archived