DHC-6 Twin Otter Doors

mortenstarck

Hey every one. I love you new DHC-6 Twin Otter. But is it only one side ( Left). That can open, I'm new using FSX, that are the commands for the doors. i have search the manual, but could not find any thing.

Warmest Regards Morten Starck :D

• Aerosoft
Hey every one. I love you new DHC-6 Twin Otter. But is it only one side ( Left). That can open, I'm new using FSX, that are the commands for the doors. i have search the manual, but could not find any thing.

Warmest Regards Morten Starck :D

Only the two left side doors open, deleting other door animations makes the MDL's smaller and faster, we really decided to go for FPS over these 'non flight' related features in this project.

Would it take a toll on the fps if you would make the two doors seperately controllable? Is that possible? If so I (prolly others too) would love to see that the two door can be opened seperatly. I personally don't care about the right side doors but the left ones should be independant. The animations are there, so it should not stress the fps further.

Thanks for thinking about it though. I don't know much about modelling so I've little idea how hard it might be. I just see that the anims are there and the model is there. It doesn not look to me as if there would be much that would need to be redone. Simly "reassign" the anims to differnt E-Shortcuts. But again, I've little idea how it really works.

• Aerosoft
Would it take a toll on the fps if you would make the two doors seperately controllable? Is that possible? If so I (prolly others too) would love to see that the two door can be opened seperatly. I personally don't care about the right side doors but the left ones should be independant. The animations are there, so it should not stress the fps further.

Sorry, in the foreseeable future it just will not happen. We got a huge list of what people like to see added (one kind gentleman requested the Twin Otter with retractable gears), but we had a very strict idea on how to make this product as fast and as cheap as possible. That involves a huge lists of compromises. This was just one of them. We normally come back to projects after a few months and thing could have changed at that moment.

I understand that well and I'm very happy with my Twotter. In fact I've not flown anything else since she landed in my FSX. Just give it a thought when you come back to the project.

A Twotter with retractable gear??? I've never seen that. Do such a thing exist???

Hi Private-Cowboy .

I havent Flown any other Aircraft in FSX since the Twin Otter was released , either .

Twin Otter's only have Fixed non retractable Landing Gear . This is Practical on a

Aircraft that needs to save on weight as much as Possible . Having Retractable Landing Gear

would add many Pounds to the Airframe .

All the Best ,

Dewliner

Only the two left side doors open, deleting other door animations makes the MDL's smaller and faster, we really decided to go for FPS over these 'non flight' related features in this project.

Mathijs

I'm glad you did this & went for FPS performance... :D