Strange issues with Bravo Configurator.

Good evening.  I am having very strange issues with rotary FCU/increase rotaries in Xplane.  I believe I am setting up everything correctly.  Yet the rotaries do not respond.  However when I map same xp command directly from XP interface it works just fine.  Here are the screenshots.  

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

Hi,

you are actually using the wrong ConfigTool version: this one is for FSX/P3D you need to download the one which is specifically for X-Plane. On a sidenote: in FSX/P3D the variable name would need to go into the "Name" field, not into the "Key" field.

That is extremely weird since I downloaded this one from the correct link and it is named XP11 and it installed the XP plugin. How would I know if I have an XP11 version of it?  

• Aerosoft

I don't know what is happening on your system, but I've just double checked by redownloading and reinstalling this file from our download sections. And it installs the correct version. As you can see, the "Events" section looks slightly different. There is no "Key" section for the "Variable Area". Maybe you also have the P3D version installed and are opening up the wrong one from your desktop? To be sure, try to start "honeycomb_configurator.exe" from your "X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\AFC_Bridge\" folder manually.

• Aerosoft
vor 1 hour , PetterWS sagte:

how i activate as both trhottels can  work togheter? 

Hi Petter,

you have to assign the axis via the the normal X-Plane menu. We are not dealing with them in the ConfigTool. Also, please do not hijack threads that deal with another topic as this makes it hard for us to keep track.

Thanks!

Thank you for your help and patience, but I am still having gremlins or some serious "user issues" with my setup :).  Uninstalled entire thing.  Followed the link and reinstalled the tool.  Started it up from within XP plugins directory, rebooted xplane.  I get the right screen layout now, but the same problem continues.  Specify conditions and variables for FCU and incr/decr knob and nothing happens. Assign same command directly from XP and it works just fine.  I am getting reloading message in XP  after I rebind commands from plugins menu so I think the connectivity part is working fine.  

I think I figured it out.  For some reason, at least on my system the tool does not like copy paste.  Copy make sure there are no spaces and paste, and there is nothing.  Type in everything manually and it works just fine. 

• Aerosoft

Glad you got it working!

Yeah: you have to make sure that the "Variable" part is exactly like it should be...any hidden characters or forgotten spaces and it won't work. The upcoming version of the package will also give you more visual feedback in sim when you try to reference variables that X-Plane does not know, so errors like this should become easier to track down.

• 3 months later...
  • Aerosoft

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived