Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb TomReborn:

What comes first, the chicken AS A330 or the egg PMDG EFB?

I‘m now 100% sure PMDGs EFB….perhaps even their 777 comes out first but it‘s hard to predict without a glass ball.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I think they should just come out with a Release Estimate again, not a Fixed Date but an Updated Guess.

I'm pretty neutral about this situation, when it comes out just read and watch some reviews and make your decision.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb JeremyBoyles:

What was the point of the website?

It has the same information as everyone knew before. There are not any new updates on the A330.

At this point, the website is obsolete because there is nothing new in it. Creating such hype around the website was unjustified.

The communication on the part of Aerosoft has been very unfortunate regarding the website.

But I can imagine that a project website can be quite useful if you want to present and announce news centrally. That way we don't always have to search the forum.

Nevertheless, I am more than disappointed that the plane will not be able to perform basic ops at release and am therefore out as a customer... Or however you want to understand this sentence:

"You definitely can. However, you should familiarize yourself with the handling of the aircraft beforehand. Under certain circumstances you will have to fly maneuvers that are usually facilitated by additional systems, which will not be available from day 1."

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, Der_Korki said:

At this point, the website is obsolete because there is nothing new in it. Creating such hype around the website was unjustified.

Also, the communication on the part of Aerosoft has been very unfortunate regarding the website.

But I can imagine that a project website can be quite useful if you want to present and announce news centrally. That way we don't always have to search the forum.

Nevertheless, I am more than disappointed that the plane will not be able to perform basic ops at release and am therefore out as a customer...

("You definitely can. However, you should familiarize yourself with the handling of the aircraft beforehand. Under certain circumstances you will have to fly maneuvers that are usually facilitated by additional systems, which will not be available from day 1.)

In fairness, they could be referring to holding patterns, etc, which I wouldn't be too bothered about.

• Upvote 2

vor 2 Minuten schrieb P McF:

In fairness, they could be referring to holding patterns, etc, which I wouldn't be too bothered about.

I understand your point. And I also agree with you that you can manage offline quite well without these functionalities. 

But try to get to London Gatwick on Vatsim and your plane can't do holdings, then your flight is quickly over ;) e.g.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Lennox365 said:

Really would like to know what systems are meant with the following statements. Will we be able to fly holdings or is it something like offsets that you basically never need?

Please login to display this image.

There is this in the development update section...

- The lateral tracking of the ILS approach is not precise enough under certain circumstances and lets the aircraft touch down next to the runway.
- With certain waypoint types the autopilot does not intercept the following track correctly but oscillates around the track.
- After importing a flight plan into the MCDU, a performance loss is noticeable. Entering the same route manually, however, does not cause any problems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

vor 14 Minuten schrieb FrankGehry:

There is this in the development update section...

- The lateral tracking of the ILS approach is not precise enough under certain circumstances and lets the aircraft touch down next to the runway.
- With certain waypoint types the autopilot does not intercept the following track correctly but oscillates around the track.
- After importing a flight plan into the MCDU, a performance loss is noticeable. Entering the same route manually, however, does not cause any problems.

That does not answer his question. These are things which will be fixed by release. They don’t tell us which systems won’t work from day 1.

• Upvote 3

vor 14 Minuten schrieb alen6:

That does not answer his question. These are things which will be fixed by release. They don’t tell us which systems won’t work from day 1.

exactly

• Upvote 1

First off, I want to say that I'm appreciative that aerosoft is taking the time and effort to develop an A330 for the sim. However, being grateful and being annoyed are not mutually exclusive.

Now, I know that we as consumers do not have the right to dictate the pace of work at aerosoft but it is extremely frustrating for consumers to be always held at the edge of our seats for, what seems like, no good reason. It's like a guy/ girl constantly sending mixed messages. One second it's in beta, next there are fundamental functions of the plane not even working properly yet.

Yes, we don't want to put pressure on developers but aerosoft themselves chose to release a teaser for the aircraft and even chose to tease a portal announcement in an environment where consumers are already on edge. At some point, some of the blame for the community outcry needs to fall on them. Aerosoft can't expect us to believe that they didn't know the portal would hold "no significant update" yet they chose to omit that from their post and left us to speculate on our own. Heck, the day before the portal release, they didn't even know what time the portal would be up.

This doesn't bode well for customer confidence and it just makes all of us feel like they are taking us for a ride.

At the end of the day, my words are just one person's opinions but I really do hope aerosoft takes steps to be more transparent in the future.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10

1 hour ago, FrankGehry said:

The lateral tracking of the ILS approach is not precise enough under certain circumstances and lets the aircraft touch down next to the runway.

This seems like a serious bug that is bigger than just Vatsim flying. That absolutely must be fixed before release. 

• Upvote 3

I know not everyone uses holds on a daily basis, but when your in a packed vatsim event and atc is on edge with people missing calls etc, or not knowing how to hold, the last thing i want to do is piss off the controllers who's airspace is a cluster, ive been in a couple of events in the fenix where the holds were very useful and helped atc out a ton with coordinating arrival traffic, if i cant do that in this a330 and I have to fly them manually, then i should reconsider flying this thing in big vatsim events.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Based on experience, the answer we'll see in the near future : I've seen articles that have become too serious and I'm sorry to have erased them. Everyone needs to calm down a little. And if you don't agree with our decision, you don't have to come to the forum. Even if you don't come to the forum, you'll know the release schedule two weeks before the release. Also, if you don't like the product, you don't have to buy it. We cannot provide accurate development status, but the development is smooth.

• Upvote 3

To be honest, I wish Mathjas was back… this project is proper going down under based on the load of non-sense this website turned out to be. Shame to hear that in the flight sim free content gets delivered faster and it’s better than payware content… I’m out of this 

Just... wow.

I always tried to stay calm about this development, but the website, the issues that are still pending, even the wingflex (which is a pretty simple thing compared to others)... I don't think we will gonna see this aircraft released in 2023. I think too much hype was created around this website, and maybe the communication was way ahead the real development status. I feel really disappointed, and I think it is time to think about other options that will come first and give Aerosoft all the time they need to finish their product as a high fidelity aircraft, and even provide different engine options. Also, I don't understand why an A330neo was announce if the A330ceo is still in this situation.

Well, let's hope this will be clearify, but at the moment I don't see myself buying this product in the short or medium term. Good luck to the developers and keep working hard to save Aerosoft from a disaster.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Jordan87 said:

Yo, Aerosoft… I just got the “very popular” badge within a few posts. 

Name your price and I’ll turn your reputation around 🤣

This forum makes me laugh sometimes. Can we at least get a feature to navigate the screenshots page with our arrow keys or by clicking the edge of the screenshot? Having to click on a screenshot and then click out of it and then select another one becomes a little tedious when there are several to look through, especially when you know the functionality to make it user-friendly exists.

As for the website, it gives off Fenix vibes. I think it's good that you have a centralised location anyone can get to for all info on the A330, but you teased/hyped this up way too much. The way some of your decisions have been handled recently has been questionable. It seems like whoever is signing off on some decisions is oblivious to the consumer. Take a leaf from iniBuilds; it's not hard to be customer-centric. It's a niche hobby and sector of an industry. You're doing yourself a favour when you make decisions in the interest of your consumers, but I guess it has also been mentioned that home simmers aren't your only consumer.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, cwa alt said:

if i cant do that in this a330 and I have to fly them manually, then i should reconsider flying this thing in big vatsim events.

Flying holds manually is not hard to do whatsoever. Each leg above 14,000 feet is timed at 1.5 minutes and at 265 knots. Really not that hard to do...

Just now, ben carpy said:

So can we expect a statement today or tomorrow or are we going to just get shouted at to use the searchbar 

your definently getting shouted at now lol

• Thanks 2

Just now, NIT267 said:

Flying holds manually is not hard to do whatsoever. Each leg above 14,000 feet is timed at 1.5 minutes and at 265 knots. Really not that hard to do...

It may not be that hard but that is one of the most basic features for an aircraft. It's probably not recommended in a hold full of aircraft hand flying it as you may bust your level

• Upvote 1