Bravo Throttle with FSUIPC and Configurator in P3D5

Have the Alpha Yoke and Bravo throttle connected to P3D5.1. I have always used FSUIPC to set up my hardware so I have joysticks disabled. The Alpha yoke is completely programmed through FSUIPC and operates without issues. Because of the buttons, AP and LED's I decided to use your software to configure the Bravo. I was able to get most of it done with no issues. I then programmed the axis levers in the default twin prop config in FSUIPC. 

with a few exceptions the buttons and lights work as expected

However when I move a throttle lever, the animation in sim moves the yoke. It appears the throttles move the elevators, ailerons and rudders . I can find no way to disable them in your software. Any thoughts on how I can accomplish what I want?

#2 - is there a manual of sorts for the configurator software that outlines the variables and condition parameters? Altho your video outlines a few, it did not cover all of them and it is a trial and error without some documentation.

Lastly, if I wanted to just use your software and not FSUIPC, how do I program different profiles for the AXIS controls to set up single, twin etc. - the buttons and led's would remain the same.

Thanx,

Vic 

• Aerosoft

Hi Vic,

are we talking about MSFS or P3D here? As for MSFS we are only dealing with the LEDs. Everything else is done natively by MSFS. Apart from that, in FSX/P3D/X-Plane we never touch the axis, as they can be assigned by the controller menus in the sims.

Hi Ben - 

P3D5.1 - Hmm - I'll check when I get home but could the configurator enable the joysticks in p3d? I have the disabled (not at system now) but if they were turned on that would be an issue.

So the configurator only works on buttons and leds - good to know. I'm assuming the software needs to be running when using sim.

BTW, is there any sort of documentation that would show the variables, conditions and parameters the configurator accepts?

• Aerosoft

Vic,

I have moved your post into the correct section.

I'll check when I get home but could the configurator enable the joysticks in p3d? I have the disabled (not at system now) but if they were turned on that would be an issue.

The only thing the configurator can do on request is to clear out the simulator defaults for the Alpha or Bravo. It does not enable anything, especially not related to axis. At least it should not ;).

I'm assuming the software needs to be running when using sim.

No, there is a bridge module running in the sim, that picks up the profile once it has been activated in the ConfigTool. So, no need for it to be constantly running.

BTW, is there any sort of documentation that would show the variables, conditions and parameters the configurator accepts?

Well, we have this channel where you can already find some videos. Then, there is always the SDK pages of P3Dv5 here and here where you can find the default events and simulation variables that you can address in the ConfigTool. We will continue to expand on the documentation, but as you might understand, there is only so much time and right now we have to focus on ironing out the initial bugs and refining the software.

Archived