Twotter autopilot request

trisager

Adjusting the autopilot altitude requires clicking on the up/down clickspots. The mouse wheel also works, but only in the direction indicated by the sign of the clickspot. E.g. if I position the mouse over the "+" clickspot I can increase the altitude of the autopilot using the mouse wheel, but I cannot decrease it. If I overshoot, I have to go to the "-" clickspot" where the mouse wheel can decrease (but not increase) altitude.

Is it possible to change this so the mouse wheel works in both directions on either clickspot? This is in the Yeti Airlines version.

Tom

• Aerosoft
Adjusting the autopilot altitude requires clicking on the up/down clickspots. The mouse wheel also works, but only in the direction indicated by the sign of the clickspot. E.g. if I position the mouse over the "+" clickspot I can increase the altitude of the autopilot using the mouse wheel, but I cannot decrease it. If I overshoot, I have to go to the "-" clickspot" where the mouse wheel can decrease (but not increase) altitude.

Is it possible to change this so the mouse wheel works in both directions on either clickspot? This is in the Yeti Airlines version.

Tom

The AP was added a bit against our idea. Although a AP was a optional extra on the aircraft, it was not actually used a lot. As a compromise we added the Maule AP as that is the one most like one and that's how that one works, not brilliant as you say. There are a few more bugs with that one, altitudes over 9.999 feet are not displayed right.

If there is serious demand, we'll consider adding the right AP, but it is really old style dual axis stuff, not at all what modern pilots expect.

The twotter is a bush aircraft..

Bush aircraft are flown by men..

Men doesn´t use autopilots (only when having a beer during the flight).

:-D

Wothan

(and it wobbles when I have to open the next can of beer )

Get a bigger can :lol:

Or add to the start up procedure:

'open 6 cans of beer and keep within easy reach'

Kind Regards,

Cliff

The AP was added a bit against our idea. Although a AP was a optional extra on the aircraft, it was not actually used a lot. As a compromise we added the Maule AP as that is the one most like one and that's how that one works, not brilliant as you say. There are a few more bugs with that one, altitudes over 9.999 feet are not displayed right.

If there is serious demand, we'll consider adding the right AP, but it is really old style dual axis stuff, not at all what modern pilots expect.

• Aerosoft
The AP was added a bit against our idea. Although a AP was a optional extra on the aircraft' date=' it was not actually used a lot. As a compromise we added the Maule AP as that is the one most like one and that's how that one works, not brilliant as you say. There are a few more bugs with that one, altitudes over 9.999 feet are not displayed right.

If there is serious demand, we'll consider adding the right AP, but it is really old style dual axis stuff, not at all what modern pilots expect.[/quote']

As you know from another thread, I have a few concerns about the AP. I just had a thought so lets see what you think. You already have a 2D radio stack that isnt historically correct, since it has a GPS attached, which didnt exist when these planes were built. How about adding an AP to the stack? You could even use the Bendix / King AP, since it was used on these planes. Whadda think?

The Bendix King AP? have not seen that, but as you know there has not been any gauge that has not been duct-taped into a Twotter at some stage. But what would it actually add in comparison to the one we now use?

The 2d Stack is real btw, one of the Twotters we photographed had exact that layout. Guy was saving for more early 90's stuff

Check the last line of the checklist in the manual.

Brilliant!!!!! :lol:

Might need to carry out the instruction a couple of times perhaps :lol:

Very Many Thanks to all those who took part in putting the Twotter into the market place. You've done a fantastic job and we're all very grateful.

Kind Regards,

Cliff

The Bendix King AP? have not seen that, but as you know there has not been any gauge that has not been duct-taped into a Twotter at some stage. But what would it actually add in comparison to the one we now use?

If you look in the default Baron, you will see it. The entire stack is there including nav/comms, adf, transponder, dme, and audio panel.

What it would add is the option to have the AP on a second monitor so that you didnt have to change views when on an approach with 1/4 mile vis and 200' ceiling. It is also much more accurate than the current AP. It just makes more sense to me, since you already are using the same brand radios in the advanced radio stack, and it would fit the stack.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Get a bigger can :lol:

Or add to the start up procedure:

'open 6 cans of beer and keep within easy reach'

Kind Regards,

Cliff

Just what I do

Strap two beers to your head ,and run a piece of tubing from that straight

to your mouth

That lets you keep both hands on the controls :wink:

Randy