EDDK and MSFS Content Manager

Piper9t3

Just purchased Cologne-Bonn EDDK and very happy with the quality of the scenery. 

The scenery installed ok into the Community folder however oddly enough it does not show up in the MSFS Content Manager?  Your Paderborn home base airport is there (which I downloaded from the Marketplace) but EDDK purchased from your online shop is not present.  Is there a reason for this?

Thanks  

John

• Developer

In the Content Manager you only see products, you buy (even free) via the Marketplace. All community products are not listed there, even when the same product is also available in the Marketplace.

The Community „Content“ is handed by the content provider via there own tools, in case of Aerosoft Colonge it is the ASupdater tool. So you get the updated directly and much faster then via the Mircosoft Marketplace and Content handling, much faster ;)

I understand the ASupdater will handle the updates but I thought the Content Manager was to show all community products installed in the sim.  I have purchased scenery from other online vendors and their products are listed in the Content Manager with a "Community" symbol next to them and they too have their own update tools.  Regardless, the scenery installed ok and looks great !  Thanks.

• Developer

I will check it tomorrow. When my Product La Gomera is in the list of the content manager at the moment, because it is only available via Aerosoft yet, but in some days (or weeks) when it will be available via the Marketplace too, is not anymore listet, it could be the reason for Cologne too: Products only available Marketplace or only via external community are shown correct, „mixed“ products not. Only speculation, but in this platform many things are speculative yet.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The Content Manager originally didn't show add-ons obtained outside the Marketplace, but it does now, including version numbers and that they're in the Community folder. However, in doing the screen shot for this reply, I realized only one of my three Aerosoft add-ons show up and the other two (EDDK and EDLP) are missing, while other publishers content is all there. Fortunately, the AS ones are in the content .xml and work as expected.

Please login to display this image.

Archived