Understanding Installed directories

Hello,

coming from X-Plane 11 I am trying to understand MFS directory structure. After installing all DVDs (on a non-OS drive) plus the launcher from the Microsoft Store these 4 directories were created:

Please login to display this image.

Microsoft Flight Simulator - I've created this folder and pointed the DVD installation to this directory. So I suppose it contains all the DVD content?

Program Files - Contains a folder named ModifiableWindowsApps which is empty. (?)

WindowsApps - Not accessible (without some tinkering). I suppose this directory contains all the "magic"?

WpSystem - This directory seems to be virtually linked to the AppData directory on the OS-drive. Is this were all the additional content goes?

Regards,

The3hadow

Addendum:

After some digging I found out that Program Files, WindowsApps and WpSystem folders are created when Apps are installed on another drive than the OS drive.

Also, I made a mistake when the content manager updated the game: I didn't choose the Microsoft Flight Simulator folder where I've installed my DVD content to. With the standard given directory path, the game downloaded and installed everything again in the WpSystem folder. So, uninstalled MFS again (except DVD content) and reinstalled launcher from store and then started the game again and choosing the folder where I installed my DVD content to. This way it detected the already installed content and only installed another 20 GB. So, I think all content should be in my Microsoft Flight Simulator folder now and those other folders contain stuff from the Apps (Launcher etc.).

• Herman locked this topic

Archived