Installation problem Trondheim Vaernes X V2 1.0.6.0 in Prepar3d V4.5

Robert Choquette

Hello!

Having a display problem I decided to unistall the scene Trondheim Vaernes V2 1.0.6.0. I did so with Windows 10 Apps (uninstall optional features) as I do usually.

When I ran the Trondheim setup I keep getting the message: the setup found a previous version for this addon, please uninstall the previous version before running this setup.

I see nowhere a trace of the Trondheim scenery but I must have  missed something because Aerosoft Launcher sees it.

When I try to remove it, the launcher says that it cannot find the uninstaller...no wonder why because it has been removed.

Using Windows+R command regedit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ WOW6432Node \ aerosoft \ Trondheim V2 - PREPAR3D V4.x I  manage to see all programs intalled but nothing from Aerosoft.

I can I «force» the installer to install Throndheim anyways. By the way Trondheim-Vaernes X V2- Prepar3d V4 appears in «category unknown» instead of sceneries in the Launcher.

I use 8 sceneries from Aerosoft without experiencing any problem...

Please, can somebody help me.

Robert

the

• Root Admin
Hello,

about launcher, this tool has not been developed for a long time and is NOT supported by the new addons.
"Trondheim Vaernes X" is therefore not displayed correctly in the new version.

Did you uninstall the previous version of "Trondheim Vaernes X" - V1.03 using the WINDOWS function "Apps & Features"?
The previous version 1.03 MUST be uninstalled !!!
The Un-Install Tool would also be found here.
Your-P3DV4-Path \ Ecosystem \ Aerosoft \ Uninstall_VaernesXV2.exe

The new setup V1.0.6.0 checks this registration key, after the uninstallation of V1.03 it may no longer exist.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ WOW6432Node \ aerosoft \ Trondheim V2 - PREPAR3D V4.x

Hello A.Muegge,

thanks for the quick reply...

first of all in the Registry editor, I do not even see aerosoft, (#1)

and in Ecosystem I see a peculiar folder (#2)

as you can see I am not writing to you for nothing...

regards ,

Robert

Robert

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Root Admin

Hi,

please check this registrie path

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ WOW6432Node \ aerosoft \ Trondheim V2 - PREPAR3D V4.x

However, this entry should be available.
Please delete!

The explorer screenshot looks weird.
The add-on.xml must not appear at this point.

Please make sure that the P3D path is not selected as the target directory during installation 1.0.6.0.

Better something like this:
C:\My P3DV4 addon

Installation worked fine once I deleted manually Trondheim in

WOW6432Node \ aerosoft \ Trondheim V2 - PREPAR3D V4.x

the strange thing is that yesterday,when I wrote this post, there was nothing in throndheim file...

so I did appreciate your patience and wishes you a good day.

regards,

Robert (CYHU)

Archived