Aerosoft Airbus problem (32bit)

bsal

For some reason the A318-A321 FSX 32bit has a problem finding some approach transitions in the database. For example at Salzburg LOWS the RNAV33-Z both approach VIAS (KONUG) and (ETROK) don't show up in the VIAS page of the FMGC. I checked the PROC text file in navdatapro and they are included in the data. Your competitors navigraph airac works fine for this approach. I did notice they are coded differently in the text file, navdatapro use a 'H' while navigraph uses the traditional 'R' to denote an RNAV approach. I suspect this maybe the problem. Can this be looked into please?

Hi Mathijs I did some more investigating on the issue, for testing I changed the 'H' designator to 'R' in the PROC text file and all the RNAV procedures worked as expected. It seems LIDO uses 'H' for all RNP approaches in the database whle navigraph (Jepessen) uses 'R' for all RNAV and RNP. If you could have Lufthansa data system use an R instead of H that would fix the issue, or this is a long shot a hotfix for the 32bit bus so it understands that 'H' is also an RNAV or RNP approach.

Please login to display this image.

I know it is suppose to be coded as 'H' but the 32bit airbus won't see the VIAS in the FMGC if it's coded with a 'H', I think that's why navigraph still use 'R' for all RNAV/RNP procedures for this aircraft and it works. Hopefully they can change it to 'R' just for this aircraft.

• 3 months later...

Hi Mathijs just wondering does Lufthansa compile the data into 'flightsim addon' text files and send it to you guys or does someone at Aerosoft compile the data so addons can read/understand the data? To make LIDO airac work fully correct in the FSX airbus only RNAV/RNP procedures need to be changed from 'H' to 'R' type in the PROC text files. Wondering if you could ask whoever compiles the airac for this addon to make the change?

Regards

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Do the people at Lufthansa systems even read the emails you send? Why do they offer such a product if they have zero support for it. Have they communicated with you at all on this issue?

• 3 months later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

At the end the LIDO AIRINC code is correct. The problem is how our FMS does read the code. As the 32bit is old it might be, that it just doesn’t know the H.
Edit:
What we talk about is an RNP AR approach. The 32bit Airbus doesn't support that kind of approaches, even if you can select it partial.
To fly an RNP AR approach the bus also needs the LDEV indication. We have that in the professional Version.

Archived