Airbus and flight level

CFG874

Hello pilots,
I read from many entries that the Aerosoft Airbuses behave strangely when taking off or landing. So again trying to explain some things. Also based on the fact that many pilots know this.

Please login to display this image.

Among other things, I create the flight plan with SimBrief and take it over with SID and STAR for the Airbus.
As an example, a photo of the WADD Indonesia Denpasar GALCO4B.
After starting on Rwy 27 towards LEBAH and on to LIPAS. The IVAO controller determines this wing height, which can also deviate from the specified one.
Without a controller, however, I have to fly to the WP LIPAS under FL 130.
With LINTA MACAN and MANUK there are again limitations of
below and above depending on the SID.
In most cases, SimBrief takes this into account.
I can enter a FL 330 in the FCU, but the Airbus stops as specified on LIPAS FL <= 130, line above FL130.
Dash MACAN below FL240 means over FL 240 for certain SID. Blue line above and below e.g. FL250 means exactly FL250.
Of course, this only works if you also have charts that say so, otherwise I only see that the Airbus behaves strangely.
If I don't have this, I see the FL at least in the MCDU for the WP.
- If only FL 130 is inside, it must be passed on FL 130
- if + FL130 is in it, this can be passed via FL 130
- is - FL 130 inside it is to pass below FL 130
Maybe this post is helpful for some pilots.
Wishes you a good flight and a safe landing
CFG874 Bernd

Hallo Piloten,
Ich lese bei vielen Einträgen, das sich die Aerosoft Airbusse beim Flug Start oder Landung eigenartig verhalten. Deshalb nochmal den Versuch einige Dinge zu erklären. Auch auf der Tatsache begründet das viele Piloten dies wissen.
Den Flugplan erstelle ich unter anderem mit SimBrief und übernehme diesen mit SID und STAR für den Airbus.
Als Beispiel mal ein Foto des WADD Indonesien Denpasar GALCO4B.
Nach dem Start auf der Rwy 27 Richtung LEBAH und weiter nach LIPAS. Der Controller von IVAO bestimmt diese Flüghöhe, der auch von dem vorgegebenen abweichen kann.
Ohne Controller aber muß ich den WP LIPAS unter FL 130 anfliegen. 
Bei LINTA MACAN und MANUK sind nochmal Begrenzungen von 
unterhalb und oberhalb je nach SID zu beachten. 
Das wird in den meisten Fällen aber von SimBrief berücksichtig.
Ich kann zwar in der FCU ein FL 330 eingeben, der Airbus stoppt aber wie vorgegeben auf LIPAS FL <=130, Strich oberhalb FL130. 
Strich MACAN unterhalb FL240  bedeutet über  FL 240 für bestimmte SID. Blauer Strich oberhalb und unterhalb z.B  FL250 bedeutet genau FL250 .
Das funktioniert natürlich nur wenn man auch Charts hat, wo dies drin steht, sonst sehe ich nur das sich der Airbus eigenartig verhält. 
Habe ich diese nicht sehe ich aber zu mindestens in der MCDU für den WP das FL .  
-   steht  nur FL 130 drin muß ist dieser auf FL 130 zu passieren 
-  steht      + FL130 drin ist dieser auf über FL 130 zu passieren 
-  steht       - FL 130 drin ist dieser unterhalb FL 130 zu passieren  
Vielleicht ist dieser Beitrag für einige Piloten hilfreich.
Einen guten Flug und eine sichere Landung wünscht 

CFG874 Bernd 

2 hours ago, CFG874 said:

I read from many entries that the Aerosoft Airbuses behave strangely when taking off or landing. So again trying to explain some things. Also based on the fact that many pilots know this.

I've never heard or experienced this.  Where are you hearing this from?

Also, there are eight different Aircraft under the Airbus Professional, which one are you writing to us about?

Without a controller, however, I have to fly to the WP LIPAS under FL 130.

Actually, you don't HAVE to do this.  If  you want and unrestricted climb there are two different modes you can place the Airbus in to achieve this, Open Climb or Selected Mode.

With LINTA MACAN and MANUK there are again limitations of
below and above depending on the SID.
In most cases, SimBrief takes this into account.

Actually, Simbrief does not really take this into account where the aircraft in concerned. If fact, open up the Simbrief Airbus flightplan file (the .flp file) and you will never, ever see any crossing restrictions in the data.  This is handled by the AIRAC data for the Aircraft and nothing else.  It is the same for ALL airliners regardless of who makes them.

I can enter a FL 330 in the FCU, but the Airbus stops as specified on LIPAS FL <= 130, line above FL130.

Again I say that this is mode dependent.  If you don't wish the FMGS to adhere to crossing restrictions then use Open Climb or Selected Mode.

Dash MACAN below FL240 means over FL 240 for certain SID. Blue line above and below e.g. FL250 means exactly FL250.
Of course, this only works if you also have charts that say so, otherwise I only see that the Airbus behaves strangely.

I have never experienced this.  All eight of our aircraft adhere to crossing restrictions pretty closesly.  There can be slight deviations but generally speaking if the FMGS is programmed correctly by the user (pilot) then it works very well.

If I had to guess, I'd say that you're comparing Boeing operations to Airbus operations and this may lead you to believe the Airbus operates strangely, or you're simply new to the Airbus.  But in the context of what we're discussing here in this post, it behaves as it should.

One you you might try is checking to see if you're on the most recent version of the Airbus.  For the smaller buses the most recently version is 1.3.0.2 and for the A330 the most recent version is 1.0.0.7.

Best wishes!

Hi Dave,

##  I've never heard or experienced this.  Where are you hearing this from?

Also, there are eight different Aircraft under the Airbus Professional, which one are you writing to us about?

I almost only fly A320,
What I read in the forum is that the Airbus suddenly stops climbing. You suspected that something was wrong with the weight. But there are other reasons for SimBrief's flight schedule.

##  Actually, you don't HAVE to do this.  If  you want and unrestricted climb there are two different modes you can place the Airbus in to achieve this, Open Climb or Selected Mode.

Sorry, if you fly there is always a controller available, except over the big pond, but there is something else flown anyway.
We all fly in a network, I at IVAO, and there is usually an uncontrolled airspace without a CTR. Not everyone can fly as they want. There are charts for that and you should orient yourself.
It was explained to me that way and I will stick to it. Everything else makes no sense to me.
What do I stand for in the FL charts if I don't have to follow them?
I know how to fly the Airbus, that's not the problem.

##  Actually, Simbrief does not really take this into account where the aircraft in concerned. If fact, open up the Simbrief Airbus flightplan file (the .flp file) and you will never, ever see any crossing restrictions in the data.  This is handled by the AIRAC data for the Aircraft and nothing else.  It is the same for ALL airliners regardless of who makes them.

Where do the entries in the MCDU of the A320 come from, if not from SimBrief? I then guess from NAV Data Database.
Fact is one that are in there. Like my current flight
VERT REV AT TESEM ALT CSTR +4000

##    Again I say that this is mode dependent.  If you don't wish the FMGS to adhere to crossing restrictions then use Open Climb or Selected Mode.
Sorry I just want to fly as correctly as possible according to IFR rules.

##   I have never experienced this.  All eight of our aircraft adhere to crossing restrictions pretty closesly.  There can be slight deviations but generally speaking if the FMGS is programmed correctly by the user (pilot) then it works very well.
That was just an example of mine.

##  I have never experienced this.  All eight of our aircraft adhere to crossing restrictions pretty closesly.  There can be slight deviations but generally speaking if the FMGS is programmed correctly by the user (pilot) then it works very well-------------------

I always use the latest experimental version.
Have not flown Boeing in the past 10 years, only the Aerosoft Airbuses. But only have the problems that everyone else in the forum complain about and always hope for improvement.
If what I wrote is wrong, then the explanations to the airport charts are wrong and I am reluctant to believe it.
Thank you
CFG874 Bernd

Ps: Unfortunately, I always have to use the Google translator for all contributions, so it may be that some contributions do not come across as they should.

I have been flying online (VATSIM and IVAO though I almost always fly on VATSIM) since, well, since it was SATCO (Circa 2004), and I was a Naval Flight Officer, so I completely understand realism based operational matters.

Trust me, every single one of the issues you raised can be solved by learning more about how to operate the Airbus in it's different modes to get the aircraft to do what you want it to. 

Instead of flying by yourself or with friends on IVAO, you should give strong consideration to joining the Aerosoft Flight Sim Community where you can learn a great many things that will help you.  Plus you'll then get to experience VATSIM, which is usually a few degrees better than IVAO dur to the mandantory training and exams the controllers have to take and pass.  If you're interested and at least 16 years of age I would urge you to check the Aerosoft Flight Simulation Community Club page in the Aerosoft Clubs area of our forums.

Best wishes my friend!

Hello Dave,
I know how to fly the Airbus (IVAO 10331 Time Online).
But then do not understand the entries in the airport charts.
At IVAO there are fixed rules, either the pilot tells me where and how to fly, or I strictly adhere to the flight schedule, unless there are changes in the weather and the like. Deviations or abbreviations from the flight schedule are not desired.
At 72, this no longer makes sense.
Thanks again.
CFG874 Bernd

11 minutes ago, CFG874 said:

Hello Dave,
I know how to fly the Airbus (IVAO 10331 Time Online).
But then do not understand the entries in the airport charts.
At IVAO there are fixed rules, either the pilot tells me where and how to fly, or I strictly adhere to the flight schedule, unless there are changes in the weather and the like. Deviations or abbreviations from the flight schedule are not desired.
At 72, this no longer makes sense.
Thanks again.
CFG874 Bernd

Looking at your example above and taking information from your latest reply, it seems that your question is about charts and not the Airbus.  Is this correct?

You know what... I just re-read this entire thread my friend, and I'm sticking to my initial assessment.  Even if you have 45,000 hours flying online, you've just not been doing it correctly unless ATC helps you to do so.  What I'm saying is that you just don't understand aircraft operations and the various regulatory rules. That's  you're confusion, and it's normal for non-pilots who self learn, develop bad habits, and have huge gaps in their learning.  This is very common in flight simulation.

13 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Looking at your example above and taking information from your latest reply, it seems that your question is about charts and not the Airbus.  Is this correct?

6 minutes ago, CFG874 said:

Yes Sir.

Okay, since this is an understanding charts matter and not an Airbus matter it would affect any aircraft that you fly.  Since it's not an Airbus related matter we really should move this to a General forum, but also here in the forums we don't teach how to read charts - but we do teach people how to read charts and fly correctly (realistically) online in our Airbus Flight Sim Community, including actual live instuctor lead classes in our Virtual Classroom and sharing the Airbus with them on VATSIM.  Take a look at the club page I provided to you my friend!

If you're not interested in the our online community, then there are plenty of websites that help you to understand charts.  Try searching for "Jeppesen/LIDO How to understand Charts" and you'll find plenty of websites and even videos to help you out.

Best wishes!

Archived