!! Windows 7 no longer supported !!

As Microsoft will stop supporting Windows 7 on Jan 20th we will be unable to test any of our
products on that platform. It may work, or it may not, but no guarantees from our side. 

PMSoares

A330. Comments from a RL pilot

7 hours ago, PMSoares said:

C - It's not possible to set a derate takeoff/climb 

Is there any derate on Airbus except for Assumed temperature (Flex)? I thought it was a Boeing thing.
I don't know for the A330 but on the A320 only flex (assumed) temperature is available. Are derate available on A330?

flex works for me you have to enter a departure first and have init b filled out then it will auto calc your derate once you put he flap/ths setting into perf page.

2 hours ago, Budbud said:

Is there any derate on Airbus except for Assumed temperature (Flex)? I thought it was a Boeing thing.
I don't know for the A330 but on the A320 only flex (assumed) temperature is available. Are derate available on A330?

Yes. Both the FLEX and Derate options are available for the A330. In the FLEX TEMP field you can either insert F and the assumed temp (Eg. F56) or the Derate Level (in percent of decrease from max takeoff thrust). Six derate levels are available. You can insert on the Flex Field D04, D08, D12, D16 or D24 corresponding to 4%, 8%, 12% 16% or 24% decrease from Max TO thrust. 

• Like 2

Saudações Capitão Soares,

Maybe I jumped up that part above in your very expertised comments and suggestions, I was never either trained or flew any Airbus at all in my career, but comparing the way FSLabs A320 manually flies I feel this magnificent A330 a bit "nervous" Since I adjusted my joystick to respond to the A320 and, well, I think this big iron should be a bit more sluggish due to its size and weight.

What's your opinion about this?

Saludos desde México!!

Cap. Arturo Villalpando.

P.S. Well well, age is mischieving on me for sure; had to read it twice to find myself reading your item 9 talking about what I wanted to tell, sorry my bad!!

Great inputs Paulo!

Hope aerosoft takes care of your great experience!

Best Regards 

Alexander

The ‘please wait’ caption on the DUs during a switch of system is only applicable to the old CRT displays of the early A330/340s.  The DMCs and LCD displays of modern A330s (since around 2005) are able to display the new page without delay. 

We do not ever derate the takeoff as to do so limits the maximum thrust available, which could be problematic in an engine failure situation. We do, however, always use a flex takeoff, which has no such limitation. (Hence a derated takeoff uses a reduced-thrust VMCA, whereas a flex takeoff uses a full-thrust VMCA).