HDR required

tizo

Long time user of Aerosoft products. I am frustrated because I have used products that don’t require hdr to be on. My understanding is that HDR is more resource intensive and can effect performance. If this is true I’m really upset that I have to use something that effects how my simulator functions. Plus I don’t really like the way HDR looks. If I’m wrong about this please explain. 

• Aerosoft

Hi Tizo,

as this is most likely the only P3D aircraft up to this point that is fully built with PBR textures, HDR needs to be on in order to get the full range of visual accuracy and fidelity. But as PBR has only been introduced into P3D at all, there are still some issues and quirks which can only be resolved by Lockheed Martin. Thus, we all have to make compromises as to what is possible under which circumstances and settings. And we feel that the look of the aircraft is just splendid with everything in PBR and that semi-modern hardware is capable of running with HDR on. At least my one year old laptop does also handle it nicely. So, we are confident about this compromise regarding the HDR requirement. Having said this, what might happen depending on your overall graphical settings, shaders etc. is, that the aircraft simply might look too dark without HDR turned on and would thus most probably not meet your visual demands.

• Aerosoft

You are not wrong, but full PBR texturing (not partially as almost all add-ons now have) requires HDR. As we know some people do not like it, we decided to make that very clear on the product page: 

Please login to display this image.

Archived