Shop has no "search" for my purchased downloads?

Rob Ainscough

I can't seem to find any way to search my "purchased" downloads?

I have a lot of AS products and it's very time consuming to have to navigate thru so many pages ... I could find a search function specific to my downloads?   There is an entire store search but nothing that filters just my downloads.

Cheers, Rob.

5 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I can't seem to find any way to search my "purchased" downloads?

I have a lot of AS products and it's very time consuming to have to navigate thru so many pages ... I could find a search function specific to my downloads?   There is an entire store search but nothing that filters just my downloads.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob,

Thank you for writing to us about this!  It is also wonderful to see you here in the Aerosoft forums!  For those who don't know him, Rob is not only a friend, but he has devoted countless hours to flight sim research on behalf of the flight sim community and it's members, and provided top level flight simulation support to untold numbers of flight simmers over many years.  We've also worked for many of the same developers as researchers, advisors, and alpha/beta testers.  There is more to tell, but I suspect we'll be hearing more from Rob in the months to come (I hope so!).

Even though I answered Rob privately, it occurred to me that the others might be interested in what I shared with him so I've posted that information below.

At present I'm not aware of a search capability for any of the Store related pages which contain personal order information, and though Mathijs will know FAR, FAR better than I do, given the shear amount of work taking place behind the scenes right now and which there are no signs of it slowing down, I don't believe there will be time to add a search function anytime soon.  However there are two ways of quickly finding various order information which I personally use, and I'll share those in hopes it will be useful.

Method 1

Search each page using your browser (Control-F) for the Product.  Of course you'll have to search each page of orders.

Method 2  (What I use most often)

Copy each page of your product information and paste it into a Word Processor or Spreadsheet program, then search that.  I also export this data to a PDF file, which is a little faster to load and search, especially if you've recently reinstalled Windows and your flight sim software and you're in the process of adding all the third party software back as you won't likely have your word processor and/spreadsheet software installed yet.

I hope this is helpful!

Best wishes!

• Emi unlocked this topic
  • Deputy Sheriffs

I have to say that I agree with Rob. The old shop with its dropdownlist of bought products, sorted in alphabetic order was much easier to use.

I know the current shop software from other sites, where it works quite well, as their customers only buy very few products over a longer periode.

AFAIK this software allows to compress an order entry into one line combined with a "details" button, so that you can see more orders on one page. Maybe an interims solution.

Thanks Dave, and thanks others for keeping this open.  I know I probably buy too many Aerosoft products ... oh wait, not enough :) .

I tend to do a lot of installing and uninstalling and check to see if products have been updated to ensure I have the latest ... since I have so many wading thru pages and pages can get a bit tedious.  I know SimMarket have a search function that does indeed allow me to search my purchases/download.  Was hoping that perhaps future web development could introduce a Search "my downloads/orders" option in the Aerosoft's shop?

On a related note and extending this idea ... it would be great to see a search option that could compare what I have already purchased with what I don't have for a specific platform (and version of platform).  For example search all Airports for P3D V4.x that I currently don't own.  In other words, your making it easier for me to buy products quickly.  One thing ORBX do very well is make it VERY easy for consumers (like me) to buy products ... almost too easy, but hey that's my problem :)

Another useful option is some AI processing (you folks already know what my purchase habits/patterns are) when I log in ... I obviously have a "trend" established for platforms P3D V4, the XP11 ... find new releases I don't have and list them after I login, making it even easy to see what's new and spend.  :)

My 2 cents.

Cheers, Rob.

Archived