Performance problems on Prepar3D v4.5

Rhinesailor

Dear Aerosoft Team,

i bought the Simulator „Prepar3D v4 Academic License“ a while ago.
At the time I installed release 4.4. and had experienced a low performance on my PC. This PC was definitely not good enough to run the simulator on it.
Eight weeks ago, I bought a high end PC with a 4K-monitor and installed release 4.5:

Processor: i9-9900k
Storage: SSD M.2 Samsung Evo 970 256GB (Windows 10 Home installed)
SSD M.2 Samsung Evo 970 512GB (Sim installed)
SATA 1000GB
Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 (8GB)
Ram: 32 GB

But right now, I’m a bit sad. The simulator release 4.5 often has very low frames (with high settings) and when I watch at the landscape, the simulator, even when he tells me, he has high frames and the settings are extremely low (so for example : terrain absolutely no high resolution and buildings/vegetation off) is jerking a lot. Or better, the landscape jerks very much and is not good detail starting at middle far and farer away from the aircraft. And I can see how buildings will be shown first, near my aircraft. I’m a bit confused right now. I hope you can help me. Maybe it’s just a bug of this sim version. But if not, I hope to get help of you. Other users have experienced obviously the same situation on release 4.5 according to the Sim community.

When I play the Aerosoft A320 professional Family and go with the viewpoint through the cockpit, at this time I'm rotating the camera, the picture gets many cracks.

Please note that I have installed some Add-ons too:

1. Prepar3D v4 Academic License
  2. orbx: Global Base
  3. orbx: Vector
  4. orbx: OpenLC Europe
  5. AS16
  6. ASCA
  7. Aerosoft Frankfurt v2 professional
  8. Taxi2Gate Munich P3Dv4
  9. Madeira X Evolution
  10. Stuttgart professional
  11. FlightBeam KSFOHDv2
  12. Friedrichshafen professional
  13. BlackBox A340-300/600
  14. Aerosoft CRJ 700/900 X
  15. utLive
  16. FlyTampa Athens
  17. FlyTampa Vienna
  18. FlyTampa Corfu
I’m looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,
Rhinesailor

Not knowing which aircraft you're talking about, it's difficult to say.

Please let us know which aircraft you're running, and also please post screen shots of your P3D Graphics, World and Lighting settings?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

• Aerosoft

Keep in mind that the simulator is designed to facilitate diverse scenerios. It's not like other games where all the settings are more or less in line. P3D will not run fast with very high settings in all elements no matter what the hardware is. You need to tweak the sim to what you use it for. You load a LOT of add-ons on top of each other and they all take their own bit of resources.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Herman locked this topic

Archived