Katana and DO27

Paul_DVFC

I'd like to purchase both of these aircraft however I have read on these forums that there is an issue with transparencies once FSX acceleration is installed.

I have this installed so am a little dubious about purchasing these two amazing aircraft.

I can find no note saying that the models have been updated yet so that they work so thought I'd post up and ask have they?

Many Thanks

Paul

Hi there,

I would be interested in the Do27 as well, but have acceleration. So far I have been stopped from buying it by the comment that external textures are not displayed correctly and another comment on the DA forum indicating that there would not be an update for DX10.

However, as I am using DX9 + acceleration, can someone please let me know how bad the texture bug is (screenshot maybe) and if there is going to be an update for DX9 + acceleration (I have already seen there is a fix for the rear window).

Thanks very much!

Manuel

The do-27 works fine, for the most part, in FSX/DX9/Acceleration. Only issue I have is the compass display acts funny. I have another post about that issue.

Bought the Do-27 last night and it's great!

I installed FSX SP 2 on Tuesday and since then have had trouble with the Beaver. The sim locks up if you cycle through the views from the VC. It doesn't do it with MS aircraft as far as I can tell but I don't fly them all that often so I uninstalled SP 2.

I spent half an hour just running the Do-27 up and down the runway at Sanderson just seeing what happens at various speeds. Found out I know nothing about differential braking :shock: but that will be corrected tonight :D

The manuals are brilliant. The problem with the .pdf format is you can't have them on screen when you're actually in the sim so I'm printing them off and getting a folder to put them in. There is a lot to learn.

Only had chance to do a couple of circuits before the wife caught me playing with my Christmas present :roll: - that sounds so rude :oops: However, did explain that if I didn't download it now the download server might run out of them over Christmas - and she believed it :D:D

First impressions are it is fantastic and is going to be great fun.

Cliff