1.2.4.1 Experimental IRS alignment

25 minutes ago, tangjuice81 said:

Hi I just updated to the experimental updated due to GSX issues. However now the IRS alignment is an hour. Is this a know issue of the experimental update? Thank you. 

No sir, it's not.  Please check the IRS Alignment setting in MCDU#3, and change it to see if that makes a difference.

17 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

No sir, it's not.  Please check the IRS Alignment setting in MCDU#3, and change it to see if that makes a difference.

Dave I don't see an IRS Alignment setting in MCDU 3. 

56 minutes ago, tangjuice81 said:

Dave I don't see an IRS Alignment setting in MCDU 3. 

Oh brother, I am sorry.  I was thinking of another aircraft  -  a casualty of having all the airliners for P3Dv4!

Let me take a look at a few things and get back to you in about 30 minutes or so.

Okay, I have tested on the Release Version, Experimental Version (1.2.4.1) and the current Beta Version and there is no problem at all.

one thing... did you reboot after applying the Experimental Update?  If not, please do so as this is a required step.

If that doesn't resolve this for you, then please see below:

Are you using the Copilot and/or the Checklist?  Even if you are, I'm thinking that would not affect the actual IRS Alignment time.  In the real aircraft the longest it takes is around 15 minutes and that is pretty abnormal for it to take that long (you won't see it in the sim this way, or at least you shouldn't).

If you're using the Copilot/Checklist, try during those functions off and then doing an alignment and let me know how you make out.  If you still have the issue, you can also try going to a different airport and testing it again.

If the above doesn't help, then I think it would be best to uninstall, ensure that the A318/A319 and A320/A321 folders are removed from the Documents/Aerosoft folder, reboot, then reinstall, reboot, update and reboot again.

Thanks Dave. I use FS2Crew so I don't use checklist.  I didn't reboot after the update. I will try that. I did a flight from KLAS to KSFO and overall everything works fine. The GSX config is accurate now. No couatl crashes. Will let you know shortly. Thanks again. 

1 hour ago, tangjuice81 said:

The IRS is back to aligning within 5 minutes. 

Great!   The normal time is 6 min, but it's also frame rate dependent.

Happy you're up and flying!

Best wishes!

Archived