Sign in to follow this  
scotthardy97

Random textures and missing textures on fresh install?

hi guys.

Just bought the product yesterday and I've had nothing but hassle with these textures and there is no sound either ( to clarify I have reinstalled as admin and P3D is version 4.5 and done this 3 times). the aircraft was installed following instructions and updated with Aerosoft updater as soon as my PC restarted and I still get this issue? any help is much appreciated :) - Scott

61538247_2788195597876420_1605547148491882496_o.jpg

61833585_2788195717876408_4263628160886636544_o.jpg

Make sure you update to the latest version via the ASUpdateras described here:

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Where is the product installed?

it is currently installed in my main P3D folder on my C drive as well as the aerosoft main files as well.

That might be the issue as P3D officially requires add-ons to be separated from the sim. For very good reasons. I got all my add-ons on my NAS drive and installing a complete new version of the sim is half an hour work instead of the two days it used to be.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That might be the issue as P3D officially requires add-ons to be separated from the sim. For very good reasons. I got all my add-ons on my NAS drive and installing a complete new version of the sim is half an hour work instead of the two days it used to be.

So I should move the aerosoft folder and aircraft files to the add-ons folder? 

after making the new folder and total reinstall to the addon folder does not work even after the aerosoft updator updated the program the error still persists.

Screenshot_2.png

Hello Scott,

I guess (because of the St. Elmo's Fire ) you have saved a flight situation in pause mode.

And no sound "and there is no sound either"

Press the key "p" to end the pause mode and look if it's better.

Sorry and ignore this post if it was not the problem.

Thomas D.

In that case, I seriously suggest a full clean install of the sim. Something is wrong with your system.  Like I said, you can keep on sending images and videos but they only will keep on showing what we keep saying that the issue is. 

Again, just look at your last vid. The moment the issue appears your FPS drops from a steady 30 to 16. Now that is average so you must have reached MUCH lower values there. Like the 0.3 earlier seen. That is what causes the problem. 

Or at least you should clear your shaders folder and start with a fresh prepar3d.cfg