Shomron

Gear rumble sound

Hi,

Is there any plan to fix the missing rumble sound during taxi?

I remember that previously the file was removed since it was causing a loud sound during taxi but now there is no wind rumble when extending the gear before landing, the bus is really quiet until touchdown.

Using P3D v4.4 with v1.2.3.2.

Thanks

Shom

I'll have a look at that.

Just to be clear, are you talking about 'rumble' (low frequency sounds intended to simulate fuselage vibration) or wind sounds, which are always high frequency.

8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Just to be clear, are you talking about 'rumble' (low frequency sounds intended to simulate fuselage vibration) or wind sounds, which are always high frequency.

Hi Mathijs,

I am referring to the loud wind sounds heard after gear extension, note how quiet the bus is after the gear is extended towards landing (when it's speed is low at the point that the regular wind sounds aren't heard I believe under ~180 knots).

I believe this sound file was removed since it was being heard unrealistically during taxi.

As for your point related to vibration sounds - are you planning to add a unique sound relevant during taxi?

Shom

On 6/1/2019 at 10:45 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

@Mathijs Kok checking if there is any update?

No news on that, I will ask our advisory pilots again if they feel it is missing. Last time we asked they did not see this as something lacking.

You don't find the airplane really quiet with the gear extended?

No, the later models are pretty well sound isolated. Our advisory pilots also never commented on this.

Keep in mind that YouTube video's tend to pick up on wind sounds far more than your ears do.