Beaver X and 3D lights

pujx

I am planning to get 3D lights and I ve been looking to the tutorial in the AVSIM review http://www.avsim.com/pages/0907/3D_Lights/36.jpg to see how can "easy" wold be, because i want them for the Beaver, and then i had a look to the aircraft.cfg on the beaver and i see it is really different that in the tutorial, there is only a line in the lights section, do you think i Have to break my head for install them? :( Because I dont want to appear to bought them and have no use in the Beaver

Hello pujx,

You'll also find there is no landing lights on the default C172 in the aircraft.cfg.

The instructions from Shockwave have added the line to the aircraft.cfg so the same must be done with the BeaverX let me take a look and see if I can get them working together.

Hello pujx,

This is what it looks like after adding the Shockwave Landing light to the aircraft.cfg and the line to the panel.cfg

The line added to the aircraft.cfg is as below.

light.1 = 5, 2.7, -13.0, 3.8, fx_Shockwave_landing_light // Shockwave light

ShockwaveLandingLight1.jpg

ShockwaveLandingLight2.jpg

ShockwaveLandingLight3.jpg

Hi Shaun,

I am also interested in adding the Shockwave lights to Aerosoft products.

I have had a quick look at my simobjets/aircraft folders and found the Beaver variants but failed to spot the aircraft.cfg file.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

there is a separate aircraft.cfg for every of the BeaverX models. You can find it directly in the aircraft folders, eg. for the Beaver Amphibian it is in FSXSimObjectsAirplanesAerosoft Beaver Amphibian. You can open it with the windows editor and change the configuration.

As far as I could see there is only a landing light configuration line posted in the 3DLights forum. (I got it yesterday and its amazing). For the beacons and strobes you have to add a respective line to the aircraft.cfg (or copy it from a default fsx aircraft with 3DLights activated) and then play around with the coordinates until the light is in the right position.

I am also be interested if someone already new the lights positions and could post them (or a 3DLights config line). Otherwise I may give it a try myself.

Kind regards

Manuel

Thanks Manuel

I have found the necessary files but for some reason I can't save the edited .cfg files under Vista Home even though I have selected the whole folder and unchecked the read-only attributes of all files.

As soon as I uncheck read-only, with me being administrator, it reverts back to the folder being read only.

Perplexed!

Paul

Hi Shaun,

Yes. The aircraft.cfg file is not checked as read only but the folder it is in is checked read only.

If I uncheck the whole folder it seems to go throught the routine of making all the files not "read only". As soon as that is finished and I check the folder properties it shows as read only again immediately.

Paul

Hi Paul,

you can't change the files because the Program Files folder is secured by default (in Vista anyways).

You can lift the security measures off the flightsim X folder if you want, that way you won't have troubles again when trying to changes this or that file.

Just rightclick the FSX folder and select properties. On the security tab select "edit".

In the edit window, you give the right user(s) "write" access as you can see in the screenshot.

Hi Koen,

Thanks a lot. That fixed it for me.

I still do not understand why I could not write this file as I run this PC as administrator. If I check the properties of the security tab as administrator it shows I can both read and write.

Hi Ho, the joys of Vista!

Paul

• 1 month later...
Hi Paul,

there is a separate aircraft.cfg for every of the BeaverX models. You can find it directly in the aircraft folders, eg. for the Beaver Amphibian it is in FSXSimObjectsAirplanesAerosoft Beaver Amphibian. You can open it with the windows editor and change the configuration.

As far as I could see there is only a landing light configuration line posted in the 3DLights forum. (I got it yesterday and its amazing). For the beacons and strobes you have to add a respective line to the aircraft.cfg (or copy it from a default fsx aircraft with 3DLights activated) and then play around with the coordinates until the light is in the right position.

I am also be interested if someone already new the lights positions and could post them (or a 3DLights config line). Otherwise I may give it a try myself.

Kind regards

Manuel

These are the coordinates I found to work the best:

[LIGHTS]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit

light.0 = 3, 0.15, -26.60, 4.15, fx_shockwave_navred //corrected

light.1 = 3, 0.15, 26.60, 4.15, fx_shockwave_navgre //corrected

light.2 = 3, -24.70, 0.00, 0.75, fx_shockwave_navwhi_l //corrected

light.3 = 2, -0.35, -24.65, 4.80, fx_shockwave_strobe_nl

light.4 = 2, -0.35, 24.65, 4.80, fx_shockwave_strobe_2_nl

light.5 = 1, -7.00, -0.60, 3.90, fx_shockwave_beacon_rotating_red

light.6 = 4, 0.00, 0.00, 1.00, fx_shockwave_vclight

light.7 = 5, 1.0, -13.0, 3.7, fx_Shockwave_landing_light

light.8 = 5, 6.0, -8.0, 3.7, fx_Shockwave_landing_light_light

-Blake

• Aerosoft
I am planning to get 3D lights and I ve been looking to the tutorial in the AVSIM review http://www.avsim.com/pages/0907/3D_Lights/36.jpg to see how can "easy" wold be, because i want them for the Beaver, and then i had a look to the aircraft.cfg on the beaver and i see it is really different that in the tutorial, there is only a line in the lights section, do you think i Have to break my head for install them? :( Because I dont want to appear to bought them and have no use in the Beaver

The BeaverX is a true FSX aircraft and there is it better to have the lights in the MDL and not in the aircraft.cgf because they can then interact with the aircraft better, for example move when the wing flexes.