Why Route Restrictions when option selected?

I'm trying to plan a flight from LDZA to LIRF and PFPX is giving me a Cruise Level of 200. Grgghhh! I know there are route restrictions but it's near impossible to identify and remove them.

But in Advanced Route Finder there are options for Ignore Route Restrictions and I have it checked so why are restrictions still being applied?

PFPX might be very clever at what it does but it's also extremely frustrating when you're trying to plan a route and get silly FLs for a 737-800.

Ignore Route Restrictions should do what it says but it doesn't. Why? A bug in the software? I can't think of any other reason.

there are apparent issues with short trip cruise altitudes Ray.

It is however impossible to second guess your route, weights and time of day for the flight without an OFP.

18 minutes ago, srcooke said:

there are apparent issues with short trip cruise altitudes Ray.

It is however impossible to second guess your route, weights and time of day for the flight without an OFP.

Hi Stephen, does that mean there is a bug in the program? Why would the length of the route be a factor? if the option to ignore restrictions is selected then there should be no restrictions. Please see attached screenshot showing no Route Restictions as far as PFPX is concerned. Then why limit the cruise level to 200?

Here is my plan:-

ATC ROUTE: N0446F200 KOTO2S KOTOR M986 LOS DCT EDUGI DCT GOTMO L865 RITEB RITE1T

Planned for a 14:25GMT departure in a PMDG737-800W. ZFW is 120305lbs.

Please login to display this image.

Whilst David provides many Free Route Airspace links it impossible to plan every airport arrival/departure within the FRA area.

Your plan was via the lower airway M986 to LOS, yes there should have been a climb from then on.

However planning as FRA results in FL390:

(FPL-DAERA-IS
-B738/M-SDE1FGHIJ1RWXYZ/LB1
-LDZA1430
-N0442F390 KOTOR DCT EDUGI DCT GOTMO L865 RITEB
-LIRF0051 LIRA
-PBN/A1B1C1D1L1O1S1 NAV/RNVD1E2A1 DOF/190228 REG/DAERA
 EET/LDZO0013 LIMM0023 LIBB0027 LIRR0029 RVR/75 OPR/
 / / PER/C
-E/0156)

There are no restrictions in force on your route.

Hi Stephen,

Let us first remember that David's addon is not part of the official release so that shoild not be a factor.

" Your plan was via the lower airway M986 to LOS, yes there should have been a climb from then on. "

So why wasn't there? Let's please remember the main reason I raised this topic. I have Ignore Route Restrictions enabled. So why does PFPX apply a restriction to my route? Clearly the software is not doing what it should be doing so as far as I'm concerned that is a bug.

I planned this route twice using the Advanced Route Finder. One with Ignore Airway / Route / Restrictive airspace enabled and again with them disabled. The results were identical. Same FL and same route. Those options are not making any difference at all.

I already have David's file embedded in PFPX so how did you manage to generate that route?

I'm getting fed up having to fight PFPX to get a route generated without having restrictions applied to it when I have expicitely disabled restrictions. I believe this is a bug in the software that needs addressing. How do I raise a formal ticket and get a response from the developer?

28 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I'm getting fed up having to fight PFPX to get a route generated without having restrictions applied to it when I have expicitely disabled restrictions.

Hey Ray,

I'm only now beginning to use PFPX, and I'm certainly not doubting there may be a bug, but I am curious why you're disabling flight restrictions as it's not somethig typically done without an ATC directive.  I realize it's might just be a personal preference, but I was wondering if there is another reason that I haven't thought of.

27 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I already have David's file embedded in PFPX so how did you manage to generate that route?

By use of the FRA chart freely available from EuroControl attached.

KOTOR can be seen as an airport departure point and EDUGI as Free Route Airspace exit.

Again there is no database source of that information available to the simulation community and it would be neigh on impossible create every route permutation.

Without using Davids files or planning FRA oneself you would be limited to the airway structure, if any exists which would generally be low level.

At least with PFPX the FRA planning issue can be overcome.

LD_ENR_6_11_en_2018-05-24.pdf

Stephen, I don’t wish to be rude but I have asked a specific question which you have not answered.

Why does selecting Ignore Route Restrictions not give me a route without restrictions? It’s a simple question which deserves an answer.

If I was beta-testing this software and I got restrictions when I had told the software to ignore them I would certainly raise it as a bug.

30 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Hey Ray,

I'm only now beginning to use PFPX, and I'm certainly not doubting there may be a bug, but I am curious why you're disabling flight restrictions as it's not somethig typically done without an ATC directive.  I realize it's might just be a personal preference, but I was wondering if there is another reason that I haven't thought of.

Dave, because this is a simulator, not real-world. I want to spend as little time as possible planning my route. Not try battling it when it gives me a route with restrictions when I have told PFPX to ignore restrictions. That’s the whole point of that option in Advanced Find, surely?

Just now, srcooke said:

As reported elsewhere in the forum Ray try setting Init Altitude/FL as MAX and step climb NO.

Yes there are issues to be resolved.

I have already set step climb to zero. I’ll try the other setting, thanks.

And thank you for accepting there is a bug in PFPX. Is this being addressed by the developer? And if so, when can we expect an update? Is it being tested as we speak? By you perhaps? 😉

I’ve had this software for many years so you would hope it would be reliable but sadly, it isn’t.

23 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

That’s the whole point of that option in Advanced Find, surely?

Well... I don't know if it's the WHOLE point, but I understand. 

And don't call me Shirley!  😁

20 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

And thank you for accepting there is a bug in PFPX.

I don't believe anyone at Aerosoft has accepted that a bug exists (I hope you weren't under the impression that I confirmed this bug, as I was careful to say that I wasn't doing so. I simply asked you a question).  I just picked up PFPX and as of this writing I've not even used it. The developer is who really needs to weigh in and I'm sure he will soon.

22 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Is this being addressed by the developer?

You do act quickly my friend.  Maybe I'm missing something and if so please forgive me, but looking at the original post in this thread I see it was created (posted) only 4 hours ago.  Just give it some time my friend, no need to get all worked up yet.

23 minutes ago, srcooke said:

Ray can you post a snapshot of the complete contents of the NAVDATA folder C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\NavData

Here you are Stephen...

Please login to display this image.

29 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Well... I don't know if it's the WHOLE point, but I understand. 

And don't call me Shirley!  😁

I don't believe anyone at Aerosoft has accepted that a bug exists (I hope you weren't under the impression that I confirmed this bug, as I was careful to say that I wasn't doing so. I simply asked you a question).  I just picked up PFPX and as of this writing I've not even used it. The developer is who really needs to weigh in and I'm sure he will soon.

You do act quickly my friend.  Maybe I'm missing something and if so please forgive me, but looking at the original post in this thread I see it was created (posted) only 4 hours ago.  Just give it some time my friend, no need to get all worked up yet.

Hi Dave aka Shirley, 😉

Stephen is being diplomatic. "issues" means bug(s) as far as I'm concerned. When you select an option and it doesn't do what it states that's a bug. My word.

The issues have been known about for some time, not since my post 4 hours ago. I'm not worked up. Just frustrated that I wasn't able to enjoy a flight in the limited time I had available today because I couldn't resolve the 'issue' in PFPX preventing me generating a flight plan with a sensible cruise level.

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hi Dave aka Shirley, 😉

Stephen is being diplomatic. "issues" means bug(s) as far as I'm concerned. When you select an option and it doesn't do what it states that's a bug. My word.

The issues have been known about for some time, not since my post 4 hours ago. I'm not worked up. Just frustrated that I wasn't able to enjoy a flight in the limited time I had available today because I couldn't resolve the 'issue' in PFPX preventing me generating a flight plan with a sensible cruise level.

Ah, thanks for taking the time to explain... I really appreciate that Ray!  Now I understand.

My personal apologies for any inconvenience my friend.

Thanks again!

1 hour ago, srcooke said:

As reported elsewhere in the forum Ray try setting Init Altitude/FL as MAX and step climb NO.

Whether it's an evening flight that has made a difference I won't know until tomorrow but choosing MAX and No Step has given me a FL of 390 when earlier it was much lower. LDZA-LGTS.

A decent workaround assuming it works tomorrow, thanks.

4 minutes ago, srcooke said:

Thanks for the snapshot Ray, all looks good.

Some users haven't followed David's instructions on removing existing entries which can cause issues.

Thanks Stephen. I do try to do as I'm told. 😁

Archived