LIMJ installation questions

After installing LIMJ I noticed by chance how there's a folder called Active Sky Weather Effects with an XML file that should be copied to C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\AS_XPL\LocalizedEffects. That is really cool! Haven't seen a scenery before that comes with this kind of file and wasn't even aware of ASXP being able to read these kind of localized weather effect files. Which is a shame considering I'm part of the HiFi test team. Please don't tell Damian 😉

My question though now that I found this file which wasn't mentioned in the documentation as far as I could see is if there's anything else that I need to do manually to make sure I don't miss out on anything else in this scenery? For instance I see how there's also a Plugin folder located under the root folder of the scenery. That folder in turn contains a sub folder called GroundTraffic. Am I supposed to copy that GroundTraffic folder manually to the normal ...\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins folder or is it supposed to only be present in ...\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\GayaSimulations - LIMJ Genoa - Airport\Plugins?

As a suggestion, it would be awesome if this kind of information was included in the documentation since the installation procedure for X-Plane products isn't 100% logic and easy to understand in some cases such as this one.

• Administrator

Hello,

the GroundTraffic Plugin must not be copied to another location. It only must be present in the Genoe LIMJ folder (where it is).

For the Active Sky folder I will ask the developer....

Greets Heinz

38 minutes ago, Heinz Flichtbeil said:

Hello,

the GroundTraffic Plugin must not be copied to another location. It only must be present in the Genoe LIMJ folder (where it is).

For the Active Sky folder I will ask the developer....

Greets Heinz

Thanks Heinz!

Then I will just leave the GroundTraffic plugin where it is. As for the Active Sky folder, no need to forward the question. There is a clear instruction how you should move the xml file to the Active Sky folder found under %Appdata% so I'm all good 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

A follow-up question on this one.

In the documentation, it says...

"After unzipping the file, you will find three new scenery pack folders in your custom scenery folder: GayaSimulations - LIMJ Genoa - Airport/, GayaSimulations - LIMJ Genoa - Mesh/, and SAM_Library Mesh/."

...but I don't have the third folder. I only have the first two ones called GayaSimulations - LIMJ Genoa - Airport and GayaSimulations - LIMJ Genoa - Mesh and a folder called SAM_Library that came with the installation of Scenery Animation Manager 1.0.6 which I installed separately as per your recommendation in another thread to make sure I was using the latest version. Maybe it's just the documentation for LIMJ that is old and incorrect?

Another question speaking of versions is where I find out what version I'm currently on for the LIMJ scenery so I can compare to the version available for download to make sure I'm using the latest one. I see how the download page reports version 1.04 but I have no clue where to find the version number for what I already have on my disk.

• Administrator

Hello,

with the LIMJ addon files/folders you unfortunately cannot see the exactly version loaded.

You only see it with your download account (Aerosoft shop account) if you have purchased here.

Greets Heinz

OK, too bad you can't find out what version you currently have installed. Would be very easy for the developers to include that in a text file with the scenery.

Not a big deal. Would just have been nice being able to make sure you're on the latest version when comparing to what is available via the store and the downloads page.

Archived