Just bought the A318/319 questions

JackSwyr

Hi, I don't know why I have such a negative number in my posts so please don't let that stop you from helping me?  It's odd because I'm number one at Orbx.

I bought and installed the A318/319 today and it installed perfectly into P3D 4.4.  It's a wonderful jet.  I had the "other company's" one but that won't be discussed.  This one is perfect, I really love it.

I have a bunch of questions but I'll start with this one and three screenshots.

I have a Yoko yoke from Virtual Fly.  On the left hand side is a trim switch.  It's assigned through P3D and not FSUIPC.  I use FSUIPC for everything else.

On all my other planes when I push it forward or aft it moves the trim a tiny bit forward and aft but on the bus it moves it a huge amount.  In the screens shown all I did was move it three times but look how far the trim traveled.

Anyone ever seen this before?  Many thanks.

One push

Please login to display this image.

A second push

And a third push and it's maxed out.

4 minutes ago, JackSwyr said:

Hi, I don't know why I have such a negative number in my posts so please don't let that stop you from helping me?

Never!  Our entire team is happy to help.

6 minutes ago, JackSwyr said:

I have a Yoko yoke from Virtual Fly.  On the left hand side is a trim switch.  It's assigned through P3D and not FSUIPC.  I use FSUIPC for everything else.

On all my other planes when I push it forward or aft it moves the trim a tiny bit forward and aft but on the bus it moves it a huge amount.  In the screens shown all I did was move it three times but look how far the trim traveled.

Anyone ever seen this before?  Many thanks.

Absolutely, and there are a few posts in the forum about that.  In a nutshell... it's not a 737.  Let me explain what i mean by that.

As you likely know, the A320 does not have a mechanical link to the control surfaces. Instead, it uses Fly By Wire.  So long as you're in normal operations (Normal Law), the ELACs will automatically adjust control surfaces to 1G when the side stick is neutral (hands off).  In this sense, the trim is adjust for you.  

Since I brought up the Laws built into the Bus, I need to say that Aerosoft only modeled the Normal Law into the Airbus Professional.  Direct Law is a little different, but there is no sense in covering that since the Airbus Professional is only modeled for Normal Law.

So, what does this mean for the simmer?  Basically, set the trim (using your mouse) before departure and enjoy the flight, the computers will handle the trim for you.  If you really need to use the switch on your Yoke, you can set this in P3D and place the repetition slider to the Left - but I wouldn't do this as it will affect other aircraft.  Again, I would just use the Mouse as you only have to do this once a flight.

Regarding FSUIPC, we actually don't support that (although I know a lot of our user base here does, and they might be able to provide some assistance).

Like I said, it's not a 737, as much as many of us sometimes slip back to trying to fly her as such... including me!

My very best wishes!

4 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Never!  Our entire team is happy to help.

Absolutely, and there are a few posts in the forum about that.  In a nutshell... it's not a 737.  Let me explain what i mean by that.

As you likely know, the A320 does not have a mechanical link to the control surfaces. Instead, it uses Fly By Wire.  So long as you're in normal operations (Normal Law), the ELACs will automatically adjust control surfaces to 1G when the side stick is neutral (hands off).  In this sense, the trim is adjust for you.  

Since I brought up the Laws built into the Bus, I need to say that Aerosoft only modeled the Normal Law into the Airbus Professional.  Direct Law is a little different, but there is no sense in covering that since the Airbus Professional is only modeled for Normal Law.

So, what does this mean for the simmer?  Basically, set the trim (using your mouse) before departure and enjoy the flight, the computers will handle the trim for you.  If you really need to use the switch on your Yoke, you can set this in P3D and place the repetition slider to the Left - but I wouldn't do this as it will affect other aircraft.  Again, I would just use the Mouse as you only have to do this once a flight.

Regarding FSUIPC, we actually don't support that (although I know a lot of our user base here does, and they might be able to provide some assistance).

Like I said, it's not a 737, as much as many of us sometimes slip back to trying to fly her as such... including me!

My very best wishes!

Thanks Dave!  I’m a former aircraft technician on most large commercial jets, so I have a lot of experience with flight controls and FADEC and you explained it perfectly!

I guess I’ll use the mouse method, not a problem.

But the throttles, man oh man I wish this plane would recognize FSUIPC because it’s all I use for flight controls.

I did a search and PM’d two people, maybe they can help.  I have a Virtual Fly TQ6 dual quad and with FSUIPC I can get the speed brakes and flaps to work perfectly in this bus like all my other planes but this one for some reason does not recognize it.  Is it some external coding or something?  I made a wonderful flight from EHAM to EGLC a little while ago but had to use the F3 and F7 keys which isn’t very fun.  

I’m hoping to someday being able to figure this out but I tried the suggestions in the manual, that didn’t work.  Trial and error neither.

I have several more questions but I’ll ask them later.

By the way Dave, this was WELL worth it!  I would have paid what I paid that other company.  I have a Jetline PC and they told me it causes so many CTD’s and blue screens they can’t even offer support.  Naturally I won’t mention any names.  So I had been thinking about this one for a while and bought it today and gosh am I happy, it’s like perfect!

Best regards,

Jack

2 minutes ago, JackSwyr said:

Thanks Dave!  I’m a former aircraft technician on most large commercial jets, so I have a lot of experience with flight controls and FADEC and you explained it perfectly!

I guess I’ll use the mouse method, not a problem.

But the throttles, man oh man I wish this plane would recognize FSUIPC because it’s all I use for flight controls.

I did a search and PM’d two people, maybe they can help.  I have a Virtual Fly TQ6 dual quad and with FSUIPC I can get the speed brakes and flaps to work perfectly in this bus like all my other planes but this one for some reason does not recognize it.  Is it some external coding or something?  I made a wonderful flight from EHAM to EGLC a little while ago but had to use the F3 and F7 keys which isn’t very fun.  

I’m hoping to someday being able to figure this out but I tried the suggestions in the manual, that didn’t work.  Trial and error neither.

I have several more questions but I’ll ask them later.

By the way Dave, this was WELL worth it!  I would have paid what I paid that other company.  I have a Jetline PC and they told me it causes so many CTD’s and blue screens they can’t even offer support.  Naturally I won’t mention any names.  So I had been thinking about this one for a while and bought it today and gosh am I happy, it’s like perfect!

Best regards,

Jack

You're welcome my friend.

Now, I am NOT the guy to help you with FSUIPC as I like to spend my time flying rather than fixing and tweaking... but I have several close friends who won't use anything but FSUIPC regardless of the airraft they're flying, including the Aerosoft Airbus Pro.  Just not my cup of tea and we formally recommend people use the P3D controls for our aircraft.  But I can tell you that it works, but it can be frustrating to setup and I don't know why that is.  I've programmed the same inputs time after time and it doesn't work, and then I'll come back to do the same input programming on a different day and it works.  Well, like I said, I'd rather be flying!

Oh, and if you love the Airbus now... then you may go bonkers for her when we release Connected Flight Deck later this year.

Best of luck, and my very best wishes!

1 minute ago, DaveCT2003 said:

You're welcome my friend.

Now, I am NOT the guy to help you with FSUIPC as I like to spend my time flying rather than fixing and tweaking... but I have several close friends who won't use anything but FSUIPC regardless of the airraft they're flying, including the Aerosoft Airbus Pro.  Just not my cup of tea and we formally recommend people use the P3D controls for our aircraft.  But I can tell you that it works, but it can be frustrating to setup and I don't know why that is.  I've programmed the same inputs time after time and it doesn't work, and then I'll come back to do the same input programming on a different day and it works.  Well, like I said, I'd rather be flying!

Oh, and if you love the Airbus now... then you may go bonkers for her when we release Connected Flight Deck later this year.

Best of luck, and my very best wishes!

Thanks Dave.  Is there any way I can get in touch with some of these fellows?

And what is Connected Flight Deck?

Is this like a shared cockpit?

I have a good friend in the UK who used to fly shared with me on the Q400 and it was a blast.

15 hours ago, JackSwyr said:

Thanks Dave.  Is there any way I can get in touch with some of these fellows?

And what is Connected Flight Deck?

Is this like a shared cockpit?

I have a good friend in the UK who used to fly shared with me on the Q400 and it was a blast.

It is a brand new form of Shared Cockpit, it's a server based Connected Flight Deck (a far better and more descriptive name than Shared Cockpit).

Best wishes.

1 minute ago, DaveCT2003 said:

It is a brand new form of Shared Cockpit, it's a server based Connected Flight Deck (a far better and more descriptive name than Shared Cockpit).

Best wishes.

Cool!  But the other person would need to have the same Bus?  I reckon so.

Archived