saving a flight

nfinger

How does one save a flight so that INS settings are saved too? is it even possible at this stage. For long flights I sometimes want to continue at another day but when i load the situation INS is not active. All other flight paramenters are saved and working fine. Is there a special way to save INS info so that it loads too?

• Developer

I can't reproduce the problem. 

Did you do a clean install of 2.0 or use the updater to move from 1.3? 

I would like to know if the save panel state gauge really is working aside from the INS.  Could you load the aircraft, move one of the bugs on the indicated speed instrument, and then save the flight.  When you load the flight, is the bug where you left it? 

• Developer

You could try loading the flight and then using the scenario reset command in the P3D menu. 

I've found while getting the FSX 2.0 version completed that I need to be loaded twice to get the saved panel state to load properly. 

sorry for the delay in answering; i used the version 2 to install and then got an update too. So your answer is to save it twice with the same filename for saving?

• Developer

With the FSX version, there has been a known limitation with saved flights.  The aircraft needs to be loaded from the FSX menu (not from a saved flight) and then the saved flight can be loaded successfully.  So you can try this, although I have never seen the problem in P3D.  You may be experiencing something quite different. 

Let me if this problem persists. Also, have you tried saving a flight after moving an airspeed bug? It would be useful to know if the problem is just with the INS, or the whole save panel state function. 

Archived