T/D

dragunov2020

hello , where the T/D is gone ? , after the latest update 1.2.2.2 the T/D disappeared and there is a problem about the waypoints altitude and speed as in the picture : HELNS is at FL370 and after that KARTR is at 10000 ft and the distance between these waypoints is just 11 nm ! , how ?

thank you 

Please login to display this image.

12 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

We flagged 1.2.2.2. as having unforeseen issues (the forums here are full of reports and how to correct this).  Have you read any of these posts?

no , i will look for in the posts for an issue like this 

thank you 

after searching i didn't find a problem like this , and most solutions of the problems is to make a clean reinstall !

well what is the meaning of clean reinstall ?, to just uninstall from control panel then install again ?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Given how many different issues there was with the 1.2.2.2 amongst different I believe this is also connected on this update.

Clean install is exactly how you described. First you uninstall from the control panel and then install the product again normally. After installing restart your computer and run the updater without experimental update.

Hopefully this helps. If the issue continues after a clean install or reappears after the next update get in touch again and we'll have a look.

52 minutes ago, Secondator said:

Given how many different issues there was with the 1.2.2.2 amongst different I believe this is also connected on this update.

Clean install is exactly how you described. First you uninstall from the control panel and then install the product again normally. After installing restart your computer and run the updater without experimental update.

Hopefully this helps. If the issue continues after a clean install or reappears after the next update get in touch again and we'll have a look.

thank you for response , but how to update without the experimental update ? or how to choose the version of update through the aerosoft updater ?

59 minutes ago, Sabretooth78 said:

I'd be remiss if I didn't say that I find it a little troubling that Aerosoft hasn't officially acknowledged this significant shortcoming of the update process, nor simply just pulled the faulty update.  __it happens, I get that, but the least that could be done is to own up to it.

Absolutely agree, I’m not sure what’s going on with Aerosoft.  

Well, I offically acknowledged the 1.2.2.2. Update as gaving problems in at keadt three different posts. And I provided instructions how to revert without faking out the updater, ZND I worked at midnight to get the updater set to instzll the latest stable update.

What else should we done?

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Well, I offically acknowledged the 1.2.2.2. Update as having problems in at least three different posts. And I provided instructions how to revert without faking out the updater, AND I worked at midnight to get the updater set to install the latest stable update (1.2.2.1) so that people could revert to it and that other people who had not yet updated would get a stable version.

good news , i should wait then 

thank you 

32 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Well, I offically acknowledged the 1.2.2.2. Update as gaving problems in at keadt three different posts. And I provided instructions how to revert without faking out the updater, ZND I worked at midnight to get the updater set to instzll the latest stable update.

Those efforts, in and of themselves, are appreciated - unfortunately as with most things on the internet, it's the complaints that outshine the praises.  In that light I apologize for any offense I may have implied.

That being said; however, my experience of repeatedly failing to achieve a fully up-to-date (albeit nominally "working") 1.2.2.1 shows that they do not fully address the fact that there are certain files which were updated under the 1.2.1.2 through 1.2.1.5 updates; update packages which are still considered experimental and which are not inclusive in the now non-experimental 1.2.2.0 and 1.2.2.1 updates.  What tipped me off to this was losing the KG/LB switch in the options as well as noticing I had outdated FMGS.dll files after following those provided instructions.  Surely Aerosoft (and our fellow forumers) have better things to do than spend time trying to figure a potential upcoming spate of issues with things we could swear had been fixed; things that were fixed were it that we weren't all unaware that what we were running was not truly a supportable up-to-date copy of the software?  Short of officially endorsing all updates from 1.2.1.2 through 1.2.2.1 as gospel by including them in the base download version, and/or pulling the 1.2.2.2 update from the servers, the method devised by CFG874 is the best possible end to this regrettable situation that we all find ourselves in.  The fact that Aerosoft has not so much as acknowledged this, despite significant evidence, is what I have a problem with.

The fact that my last prior posting was deleted also isn't doing anything to allay my disappointment, something which I can tell from other postings I have read are views not solely held by myself.  They were not meant to be malicious; I have previously refrained from posted anything inflammatory or non-constructive nor is that anything I do in the first place.  I don't know.  Maybe I should just be directing my energies somewhere else.

Delete this if you see fit.

1 hour ago, Sabretooth78 said:

Those efforts, in and of themselves, are appreciated - unfortunately as with most things on the internet, it's the complaints that outshine the praises.  In that light I apologize for any offense I may have implied.

That being said; however, my experience of repeatedly failing to achieve a fully up-to-date (albeit nominally "working") 1.2.2.1 shows that they do not fully address the fact that there are certain files which were updated under the 1.2.1.2 through 1.2.1.5 updates; update packages which are still considered experimental and which are not inclusive in the now non-experimental 1.2.2.0 and 1.2.2.1 updates.  What tipped me off to this was losing the KG/LB switch in the options as well as noticing I had outdated FMGS.dll files after following those provided instructions.  Surely Aerosoft (and our fellow forumers) have better things to do than spend time trying to figure a potential upcoming spate of issues with things we could swear had been fixed; things that were fixed were it that we weren't all unaware that what we were running was not truly a supportable up-to-date copy of the software?  Short of officially endorsing all updates from 1.2.1.2 through 1.2.2.1 as gospel by including them in the base download version, and/or pulling the 1.2.2.2 update from the servers, the method devised by CFG874 is the best possible end to this regrettable situation that we all find ourselves in.  The fact that Aerosoft has not so much as acknowledged this, despite significant evidence, is what I have a problem with.

The fact that my last prior posting was deleted also isn't doing anything to allay my disappointment, something which I can tell from other postings I have read are views not solely held by myself.  They were not meant to be malicious; I have previously refrained from posted anything inflammatory or non-constructive nor is that anything I do in the first place.  I don't know.  Maybe I should just be directing my energies somewhere else.

Delete this if you see fit.

I'm not sure why your last post was deleted, or who did it, and it appears to have been actually deleted since I can't see it.  But if one of our staff deleted it, then I have to assume there was some reason for it (and the reasons aren't always right in front of us... there are many different reasons why posts are deleted and some aren't tied to the person who wrote it).

The version 1.2.2.2. update was a failure on our part, and we're thinking that the updater did something rather than the updated files (code) themselves having problems.  I flew 1.2.2.2 for a week before it was released and I didn't have any of the problems that people have cited.

Rest assured that we're looking hard at this, and we've even moved far past it and we should have another update for you guys (one that corrects and mitigates the bugs reported prior to version 1.2.2.2.

There are a lot of good and devoted people working very hard on the next update, as well as looking at the ASUpdater to ensure there are no problems there.

Guys, this was a bump in the road and as soon as we knew there were unintended problems we worked immediately to prevent others from suffering those issues and we provided a means for others to go back to Version 1.2.2.1.  There was recently another major developer who had even worse problems with their update, and while we all work hard to prevent such issues, they sometimes do happen.  But I have already apologized for this happening, and I'm happy to do so again.

So let's table this 1.2.2.2. stuff so we can move on the the next update.

I will close this thread in about 6 hours, giving most everyone another chance to chime in.

As always, best wishes!

Archived