IFPS ERRORS SYN104 PFPXv2.03

I'm getting about 50 of these: SYN104 INVALID FIELD AT ROW=1 COL=73 (ROUTE) where the COL ranges from 73 to 300.  I've checked the IFPS site and all it says is that an unexpected or invalid character is received, and that if yhere are many of them then it is likely the first one is the problem.  The documentation is worthless when it comes to validation support, and I've not found a way to release a flight ignoring validation.  Row 1 column 73 of what??  I'm lost.

Flight plan is the UPS1 VHHH EDDK:

(FPL-N605UP-IN
-B748/H-SBDE1FGHIJ5P3RWXY/SB1
-VHHH1000
-N0490F320
 BEKOL.A461.YIN.G586.QP.B330.OMBON.Y1.SADAN.L888.XKC.A460.RULAD.A1
 24.TDK.A110.BLH.A360.AGAKO.G155.DZG.A371.ATR.G487.ZG.R710.UP.R120
 .IWV.R364.TE.G724.BUGOR.L748.BADUS.L735.VABER.L29.GRUDA.N858.DENK
 O..NAVDI.Z181.XIGRI..POVEL.Q201.PODER
-EDDK1109
-STS/ALTRV PBN/B1C1D1O1 NAV/RNVD1E2A1 RNAV1 RNAV5 DOF/181215
 REG/N605UP)

Navigraph data up to date current cycle (1813 rev 1)

The flightplan builds without any problems, but since I must validate to release I'm trying to resolve the error(s).  Help!

The SYNTAX error comes from the FAA route format been used rather than ICAO:

SYN104: One or more invalid characters are used in the specified field.

You can lookup the codes HERE

Hi Dan,

blank space needs to be used instead of dots and DCT when it's a directs between two wapoints.

Also PODER as last waypoint for EDDK arrivals is not correct either.

How was the route created?

Regards

David

7 hours ago, Sharky said:

Hi Dan,

blank space needs to be used instead of dots and DCT when it's a directs between two wapoints.

Also PODER as last waypoint for EDDK arrivals is not correct either.

How was the route created?

Regards

David

Ah ha... okay.  The route was created by myself based on the ground track for the UPS1 flight. I couldn't find an airway approaching Koln from the NE so I used a direct intending to direct PODER to appropriate published arrival.  What do you suggest?

Thanks guys for the help.... been using PFPX a long time and never had to use the validation before v2; I'm now an old pilot learning new tricks.

Hi Dan,

if you have already updated the RAD and Directs, which are available in the download area for PFPX in this forum, PFPX can find a route for you.

I tested it this afternoon and I got the following valid route for VHHH to EDDK at once.

BEKOL A461 OBLIK W129 CGO B208 NIXAL Y746 DARNO P982 LIKNU T580 BLZ N742 KERIS L870 RANVA P863 DEREX DCT SALLO DCT ROSOK DCT ROBEG UL126 LARBU UZ189 RUNER T858 KOPAG

If you want to create routes by yourself, you might want to check lower airways for the departure and/or arrival part, too.

Side note: Trying to rebuild routes by yourself, which have been flown by real world airlines can be tricky. Because atc can give directs, which are neither published nor available for flight planning.

Regards

David

51 minutes ago, Sharky said:

If you want to create routes by yourself, you might want to check lower airways for the departure and/or arrival part, too.

Good point... thanks David.

As for the UPS1 route, I did look at their ground track on a half dozen different flights and they were all pretty much the same so I took that approach.

UPDATE:  I got the hang of it now:

BEKO3A BEKOL A461 YIN G586 QP B330 OMBON Y1 SADAN L888 XKC A460 RULAD A124 TDK A110 BLH A360 AGAKO G155 DZG A371 ATR G487 ZG R710 UP N39 TE G724 BUGOR L748 BADUS L735 VABER L29 GRUDA N858 DENKO DCT NAVDI Z181 XIGRI DCT POVEL Q201 PODER UZ189 RUNER T858 KOPAG

passed!!

Archived