Brussels FSX afcad issues

• Aerosoft

Clearly there are issues with the afcad of the Brussels by FS Dreamfactory. However there are things that are not clear at this moment, for example the Project Manager is looking at perfect traffic using the patch, and so are other users at this moment. So let's try to get some information clear so Cornel and Aerosoft can sort it out. If you got problems, let me know in a few short lines:

- What version you got, the one sold by Aerosoft or the one sold by FSDreamfactory via simMarket (the last one is not for sale anymore for the last two weeks)

- If you got our version, what version you got 1.00 or 1.01

- If you updated the 1.00 version to 1.01 using the patch by Aerosoft or the patch send out by simMarket

Let me assure you personally that Aerosoft will solve the issue for their customers, of course. Please try to post all your messages here, not starting new topics.

Hi,

I'm a new user of the Mega Brussels X scenery. I just did a few tests and my AI traffic did appear to follow runways and taxiways without any problems. They also parked at exactly the right spots.

The only problem I appear to be having is that, even with AI set at 80% I only saw 3-4 aircraft parked, and 2 aircraft landing (on 25R). But maybe that may be caused by UT2007 although there's plenty more traffic at eg KLAX and I have eg SN AI traffic 'compiled'?

These are my specs:

- Mega Brussels X sold by Aerosoft (purchased last week as a download).

- Version 1.01 (installed 1.00 + installed update).

- Update provided by Aerosoft

(- No other AFCAD file installed then the one included in the scenery itself)

My original download was the FS2004 version. I did install that one and added it manually to the scenery library but it was not as should be, since it was the FS2004 version running on FSX. I did fullmy uninstall that version and then installed the 1.00 version for FSX.

Best regards,

Ivan

Hi Matthijs,

Thanks for your concerns regarding this matter.

As you know, I ran into quite some trouble lately when installing the upgrade for the Aerosoft one of Mega Brussels.

I in the mean time had done some searching by turning everything upside down so to speak, and uninstaling, reinstallng, unistalling, and reinstalling to try certain things out.

Eventually, I saw David's pic of no AI airplanes during the day. And that is something I also did and still beget. That did put me thus to some thinking on the matter. So I started to check my fps, and voilà, the fps I was begetting during the day at the airport was one that cleary indicated that AI planes were really very close-by.

And they were, but only not visible. The entire Brussels airport was full of AI planes, but none was visible during the day. I said to myself: How can that be because I'm using DX9 and not DX10? So I started unistalling and reinstalling till I came on the idea to delete the scenery.cfg, the old ones, as well as the fsx.cfg, including the ones that were mentioning about before and after installing My Traffic X.

The reason why I did this was because of the fact that I after the update lost some gates, meaning I couldn't park myself at gate 310 for instance because that one was gone. But after deleting everything that could cause FSX to search in the garbage bin so to speak instead of using the new thing, and reinstalling Brussels with the wrong Afcad, I could again park on gate 310, which meant that all aircrafts from now on would park themselves as they should do, they even taxiied back normal again. But they were still invisible during the day. And I will enclose some pics at the end with regard to the problems at this moment with me.

I must say tho that the same occurs with the afcad of Hans, as I checked this out as well, but his afcad thus give me no problems in relation to drunken pilots driving through buildings to get to the Runway. So now the big test, and thus installing the update. And yes, back to the old stuff. The pilots were not only drunk again, but the planes were parked in a complete mess anew. And yeah, Gate 310 and others were gone as well once again.

So knowing what to do now, I deleted the old scenery file that is being generated by the scenery settings, and not only got back my gate 310, but Cornel's afcad did work again properly this time for the very first time with pilots who were sober as well now.

There is only one remaining problem thus, and that is that the AI planes only do become visible from dusk till dawn, and then become invisible for the rest of the entire day. More so, all AI planes who fly over the Brussels airport do become invisible for a brief moment during the day as well, and become again visible once they are on a certain distant from the airport. I suppose that they do so when entering the Brussels Airspace around the airport, and leaving it again after a while.

And this is a problem that goes above my head. I've succeeded in getting Cornel's afcad to work with me, but I do not know if his airport has something to do with regard to Ai planes becoming invisible during the day, and only becoming visible during the night. I have no other add-on airport, but I have not heard anything from others who have that they experience a simular situation with other airports as well. So I cannot but think that something in the Mega Brussels airport must be causing this. If it's the afcad, I don't know because it happens also with the one of Hans, unless a remnant of the latest update remained when testing this problem out with the afcad of Hans.

But now some pics of the invisibility problem.

And I hope that they will and can be of some help to find out what is happening.

br1se1.jpg

br2ni4.jpg

This one above is the same one as in the first pic. I was following that plane by having chosen it in my air traffic list, and luckily saw that it was a none visible one. Therefore I realised that I had to be in the vicinity of the Brussels airport. And I stayed with it, and a few seconds to a minute after the first pic, that plane you see in the second pic became visible. And only then did I saw what type of plane I was really following.

br3lj3.jpg

br4rg5.jpg

br5sa7.jpg

In the last photo are the planes thus parked the way they should do, but the gates are not animated, or at least that is what I think if I'm right.

And maybe that Cornel wanted to create some sort of realism by putting a few gates in a certain position so that when planes do park themselves that it will seem as if the gate connects to the plane, but as you can see does this create a rather bizar situation whereby the gate lays on top of the plane.

And as said do I hope that this post can be of some help, as it has cost me quite a lot of hours to try to sort this out, which I luckily did finally. In any case seems it to be so with me that the update does cause a kind of mismatch of the gates for some reason. And what I did is thus explained above.

Best wishes,

Bernadette

• Developer

Invisible AI aircrafts are caused by Acceleration (SP2) in combination with add on airports. But only legacy AI aircrafts are affected. Default and FSX like MyTrafficX Ai aircrafts behave well.

In fact there is an imcompatibility between the legacy coded aircrafts and custom RWY lights. Same prob in ZurichX, HeathrowX ....

Thorsten, sim-wings

True Thorsten!

That I knew already, but this case is something strange, as it only does happen when the AI planes do enter the aerial area of the Brussels Airport.

And the AI planes are from My Traffic X.

I only use DX9 when I fly free so that these AI would be visible because in DX10 do they become invisible everywhere that is. Here it's thus just and only at Brussels, and once they leave that airspace, then they become instantly visible again when during the day. At night are they visible. So there seems to be a conflict between day and night for the Brussels airport in DX9, not DX10.

Has anyone already found the reason why my AI planes only become invisible during daytime in the immediate area of the Mega Brussels airport??

Thank you for any info.

Best wishes,

Bernadette

• 3 weeks later...

Please, for further very important information regarding problems some of us have had with regard to Mega Brussels I would like to channel you towards this new thread of me:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=14624

Here you can learn about the solution I found in why that some of us encountered problems while others not or maybe not.

Everyone who has My Traffic X 5.0a should read it I think. I do not know if later versions have been adjusted, but I suppose that they have not based on my assumptions in that thread, and when they would be found correct.

I don't know either if other AI traffic software causes simular problems with Mega Brussels, but I suppose not all of them as some have stated that they have no problems at all and everything works fine, even after the update, and also with regard to how their AI's and own plane are parked as well as taxiing.

Anyhow do I think that the above link to the thread can also be of some value to owners of other add-on airports with maybe similar problems when so, and in combination with My Traffic X.