MCDU initial setup and stutters

vishalv_96

Hello,  I had just installed the aerosoft aibus A318-19 professional  into my p3d v4.3. 

I have encountered 2 problems

1.  In the MCDU Menu , I do not get options to set the panel state etc,  . Instead both of them (Captain's and FO's mcdus') display the message "SELECT DESIRED SYSTEMS" .

In the MCDU MENU it says :

Left button1 - FMGC

Left button 3 - AIDS (not working)

Left button 4-CFDS ( not working)

Left button 6- ATSU

Right button 6 - RETURN  

It doesnot specify MCDU1 or MCDU2 Menu 

Maybe its a setup thing,  I dont know sorry

This is my first time in the airbus ....I looked at the manuals , could not find anything

2.  i seem to experience stutters with this aircraft ( VC cockpit and outside as well)  . Its even more than the PMDG 737!!. Some say its got to do with some logging etc. that I need to disable them ??

Can someone please help me out?

Thanks,

You really need to check the documents provided with the product. 

Your correct selection is FMGC. Left Top, LSK1 I think.

And for aircraft states etc, you need to use SHIFT + 4, this is the MCDU3, and only works for this stuff, checklists, states, options, sounds etc.

for performance issues, you need to write down the specs of your PC setup before anyone can help you.

Thanks guys, I thought the interaction with the  FO's MCDU would be similar to the PMDGs' FMC. Oh well my bad. 

My specs? 

i7 4790k ( non overclocked) @4.4Ghz

GTX 980 ( 4GB - VRAM)

16GB DDR3  1600Mhz

2 TB Hard drive

Win 10 64bit

I easily get atleast 30FPS ( stable)  in the PMDG 737 using complex addon sceneries

For the airbus it dips and climbs...30 and suddenly down to 15 ....and back up again ...it goes on.  So while panning it gets super laggy and ruins the experience .  

1 more question guys...does it have to be installed in the p3d directory or outside ?  

• Aerosoft

I think it is the graphics card in your case.  With P3D V4.3 more and more is offloaded to the GPU and the one you have uses a relatively narrow pipeline. The moment that gets blocked things deteriorate fast. Has always been an issue of P3D.  Older add-ons that are not designed for P3D 4.3 depend more on CPU and will probably do better on your system. The fact that panning (that asks a lot of the GPU) slows things down confirms that.

Oh I see.....I even read in another forum that disabling both the "force ECAM rendering" and the various loggings' within the configurator might help a lil bit . 

Also any advice on where the airbus needs to be installed as in within the p3d main directory or outside ?   

• Aerosoft

Any place outside the main P3D folder!!!!!

Photo scenery will benefit from a fast drive but I have been running my aircraft from my NAS/Server since P3d offered that option. It just makes a lot of sense. Normally your NAS/Server is more stable, better backupped... and unless the devs insisted on silly DRM you can use the aircraft from any system. Recently I was using our busses during a show using my Android phone to connect to my NAS. From 1100 km away. 

Archived