I am not impressed

Richard s

Good evening

Last week my wife decided to buy me the Airbus 318/319 & A320/321 bundle for FSX-steam.

I studied the manuals on Sunday (3.0-hrs) Monday (3.25-hrs) and last night about 2.5 hours.

I then very bravely decided that tonight is the night and arranged with the ground crew to get the A319-100 ready for a one hour flight departing from LEPA to LFMN.

As per the manuals I then "loaded" the pax and the fuel as per the Airbus-X fuel planner and it took about 25 min just as the book specified.

This was done before even loading my FSX-program.

It is with GREAT SADNESS that about 34 min into the flight the engines just stopped, NO FUEL/LOW FUEL.

My reason for writing this is that no matter how many "bells & whistles" you ADD to a package with the likes of jump seats travelling in the cockpit and windows that open and close, if the basics do not "work" correctly it creates a very negative opinion about the package/deal that was purchased.

Needles to say I still need to "SEE" the package that does work properly with the very basics and that being said, the loading of the fuel, pax and cargo information via a separate program and not directly via the FSX fuel-tab.

One cannot explain the experience of 20 years flight-simming in a 15 min conversation, especially when your wife is showing interest into the birthday present that she bought you just 7 days ago.

I am now in a dead-end road that is very narrow and the "gear-lever" just broke off! So reversing is not an option!

This is my second "bundle" purchased from Aerosoft and the 1st one being the CRJ700/900 which from the beginning the ILS would just not intercept and it just would not follow the FMC route.

Those aircraft have been moth-balled as the time is too little to spend time in getting it "fixed" if it actually should have worked from the beginning.

And yes I do have a registered copy of FSUIPC loaded and still the fuel-planner does not "copy" the relevant/correct information into the main FSX scenario.

Maybe one day in my next life I might understand the reason behind why one should actually FIRST read PDF-files if available and watch 72 Youtube videos to make you decide to "click' the trolley/basket with your next purchase.

To those simmers that are fortunate and that do not need the trimmings but just load your aircraft IRO fuel weight and other parameters enjoy your flying of the Airbus 318/319/320/321 bundle.

Have a very nice day.

Regards

Richard S

34 deg below the Zero degree latitude.

52 minutes ago, Richard s said:

Good evening

Last week my wife decided to buy me the Airbus 318/319 & A320/321 bundle for FSX-steam.

I studied the manuals on Sunday (3.0-hrs) Monday (3.25-hrs) and last night about 2.5 hours.

I then very bravely decided that tonight is the night and arranged with the ground crew to get the A319-100 ready for a one hour flight departing from LEPA to LFMN.

As per the manuals I then "loaded" the pax and the fuel as per the Airbus-X fuel planner and it took about 25 min just as the book specified.

This was done before even loading my FSX-program.

It is with GREAT SADNESS that about 34 min into the flight the engines just stopped, NO FUEL/LOW FUEL.

My reason for writing this is that no matter how many "bells & whistles" you ADD to a package with the likes of jump seats travelling in the cockpit and windows that open and close, if the basics do not "work" correctly it creates a very negative opinion about the package/deal that was purchased.

Needles to say I still need to "SEE" the package that does work properly with the very basics and that being said, the loading of the fuel, pax and cargo information via a separate program and not directly via the FSX fuel-tab.

One cannot explain the experience of 20 years flight-simming in a 15 min conversation, especially when your wife is showing interest into the birthday present that she bought you just 7 days ago.

I am now in a dead-end road that is very narrow and the "gear-lever" just broke off! So reversing is not an option!

This is my second "bundle" purchased from Aerosoft and the 1st one being the CRJ700/900 which from the beginning the ILS would just not intercept and it just would not follow the FMC route.

Those aircraft have been moth-balled as the time is too little to spend time in getting it "fixed" if it actually should have worked from the beginning.

And yes I do have a registered copy of FSUIPC loaded and still the fuel-planner does not "copy" the relevant/correct information into the main FSX scenario.

Maybe one day in my next life I might understand the reason behind why one should actually FIRST read PDF-files if available and watch 72 Youtube videos to make you decide to "click' the trolley/basket with your next purchase.

To those simmers that are fortunate and that do not need the trimmings but just load your aircraft IRO fuel weight and other parameters enjoy your flying of the Airbus 318/319/320/321 bundle.

Have a very nice day.

Regards

Richard S

34 deg below the Zero degree latitude.

Well Richard, another person might have simply stated what the problem is and ask for help.  Instead, you created a rant, and I promise you that whatever the problem is, it's on your system.  Myself and thousands of other VERY satisfied customers flew (and some still fly) the aircraft you're speaking about and they enjoy it immensely.  As such, it's an easy deduction that the issue on with the install or your system.

Best wishes.

Archived