Support overload. We are currently seeing 65% more demand for support then we normally see. We can only assume this is because more people are at home due to the corona crises. Our complete support staff is online and they are working flat out, but it will take some days before we can scale up resources. Please be patient.

Sign in to follow this  
Tundrabum01

No ILS GS Capture on Final

I've just completed my 5th flight on the 319.  I'm an Airbus newbie, coming from years of Boeing's, Dash 8's and CRJ's, and decided very similar from going from Windows computers to Apples (a Mars Venus sort of thing.).  However, had my best flight last night but with one recurring problem.  On approach, everything goes great until final.  The ILS Loc captures and the lateral path is established,  the GS needle descends, but the aircraft fly's right through it.  I then have to descend manually with the V/S control, which is no problem, the GS path is normally around a negative .06 or so.  However this has happened multiple airport approaches, and I'm sure I am missing a setting or procedure.  Any illumination on this topic would be appreciated!   (And yes I am very careful to follow the procedures and watched several youtube videos).

Regards

darrel

Have seen this also on one of my 5-6 flights with the Airbus Professional so far. This was for sure no problem in the handling, but even with pressed APP button, the Airbus didn't descent.

It was on the A319 CFM on approach to runway 26R in EDDM with Taxi2Gate Munich. Never seen this issue on any of the older Airbusses before. So I think darrel didn't do anything wrong.

We have never seen this on any of our tests. If somebody has a repeatable condition we'll gladly look at it.

I get this when I try to do a RNAV approach.

I have unpressed FD, pushed APR and selected AP2+AP1. The brick descends and then goes straight pass the actual altitude without the plane responding. It remains at the selected alt.

Tried it many times. works OK using an ILS

Dave J