Thrust Levers

Juergen2

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft

That seems normal.

The only thing we can come up with is that you throttle channel spikes (so it send out burts burst of incorrect data). That happens a lot to older controllers as the sliders become dirty. FSUIPC has a option to suppress these,

Hi Mathijs,

I understand what you are saying, but as I mentioned in a previous post, the device works perfect with many other "study"level aircraft. Only difference FSX-SE and P3Dv4 and of course the aircraft itself??????

The joystick is a HOTAS and is NOT that old. Is there a way to trap the signal from the sim, relating to the joystick? Is the value of o-255 OK on the calibration page???

Thanks

• Aerosoft

Yes that value is okay. A more modern stick would have a much larger range but that's what the X52 does. Seeing the data coming into the sim would not do a lot of good because the spikes would only last milliseconds. Most likely our systems are a bit more sensitive to this than others, perhaps because we do more things on a Frame by Frame base. As said FSUIPC has a anti spike function, I would first try that. If possible borrow a stick from somebody else to see if it is indeed hardware related. 

I looked for in our support database for any such issue with the busses (we have used the same code for the last 6 years for the reading of the throttle) and have found only one more. Also with an X52 user, in that case it was indeed spiking that FSUIPC solved.

Mathijas,

I have a Logitech "Extreme 3D PRO" joystick, which I connected to my PC. I then calibrated the axis. The slider axis (throttle axis) produced the exact same result as on the Saitek X52 - 0 to 255.

I then loaded the sim and looked at the throttle levers: when advancing the throttles - no problem; however retarding the throttles: they stopped at exact the same position as the Saitek joystick (see screenshot).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141330124@N05/shares/tETHk7

So I really believe it's NOT hardware related.

Your thoughts?

• Aerosoft

Indeed that seems to make it clear it is not hardware. And as P3D clearly shows in the calibration that you do not have the full range, it's also by definition not a A328/A319 issue (though it only shows in that one).

P3D has an option that is as far as I know nobody understands:

Please login to display this image.

Can you confirm that is at RAW?

• Aerosoft

Okay assuming you have used the anti spike feature in FSUIPC is official. We are out of ideas. You have something on your system tens of thousands of other users do not have. 

As hard as it is to say, we can't help you. if you format your disk, install P3d V43 and the addon we guarantee it will work. And basically that is all any add-on seller can promise. 

Juergen,

Just thinking a bit out of the box... did you install the Legacy versions of SimConnect?  They are located in your Main P3D folder in the REDIST folder.  If you haven't done this, would you kindly install them (not the Japan and Russian versions, but all other version that are there).  It's quick and painless to do, and recommended by LM.

After doing that, would you check to see if it made a difference for you?

ok Dave,

In the redist folder are the following folders:ESPv1; FSX-RTM; FSX-RTM-JPN; FSX-FSP1; FSX-SP1-RUS; FSX-SP2-XPAK.

These folders where installed with P3Dv4.

2 hours ago, Juergen2 said:

Dave,

Where are the simconnects located for installation and how many?

Thanks

Hi Dave,

First of all, thank you for the detailed post.

I found the simconnects and installed them. The one in >redist>interface>FSX-SP1>debug>lib returned an error and did NOT install????? see screenshot:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/141330124@N05/shares/R24ZY7

I than restarted the PC and loaded the aircraft: same result - thrust levers start short of idle and return to idle ONLY with F1.

21 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Okay assuming you have used the anti spike feature in FSUIPC is official. We are out of ideas. You have something on your system tens of thousands of other users do not have. 

As hard as it is to say, we can't help you. if you format your disk, install P3d V43 and the addon we guarantee it will work. And basically that is all any add-on seller can promise. 

I still don't know which version of FSUIPC to use (free or registered?) I just don't think that it is a hardware problem, since I tried another joystick with the same result. Formatting the disk just seem extreme, but I might have to consider it if we run out of ideas.

I do appreciate the help.

BTW, I have an unrelated question: Do you know how I could stop FSX-SE from continue to load and than continue the load process? Basically I need to start/stop the program loading process.

Thanks

8 hours ago, Juergen2 said:

The one in >redist>interface>FSX-SP1>debug>lib returned an error and did NOT install?

Interesting. This may indicate a deeper problem, either your P3D installers were sightly corrupt (and maybe/possibly why you're having issues with the thrust reversers), you had a bad write during the installation process, or something happened to your hard drive (software or hardware) at some point after the install.  I'd happily provide you with the version of SimConnect you need, however I think our time is best served moving your towards correcting something that may be or could effect other things. In other words, that darned sure should have installed without any issues whatsoever, so there's a deeper problem.

Please go to the Lockheed Martin Prepar3d website and grab and run the Checksum Tool. This will tell us if your download was corrupt or not. If the download is fine then we'll need to run Windows Check/Scan Disk on the hard drive that you have P3D installed to.

If both of the above are fine, then we'll need to uninstall and reinstall P3D.  Hold on... it's not that bad at all!  I don't know what third party addons you have installed, but it's nothing like it was back with FSX.  In fact, I did this very procedure and was back up and flying in a little over an hour with all my addons.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

EDIT:

8 hours ago, Juergen2 said:

BTW, I have an unrelated question: Do you know how I could stop FSX-SE from continue to load and than continue the load process? Basically I need to start/stop the program loading process. 

I'm afraid I need way more information on what is happening, sounds like FSX:SE is self starting?

Hi Dave,

I performed the tests as per instructions and it seems that both are good:

Checksum test revealed MD5 hash matched - the disk scan was successful - https://www.flickr.com/photos/141330124@N05/shares/af6R4S

So I guess that leaves option # 3 Re-Install. I don't have many addons yet (Aerosoft A318/319 Professional, Chase Plane, a few airports [.xml files] that's it.If you could give me the procedure I would appreciate it.

On the other issue (FSX_SE) iI will send you a PM.

Thanks a ton

1 hour ago, Juergen2 said:

Dave,

I have found a pretty detailed instructions to UNINSTALL P3Dv4 on the AVSIM forum (from Poppet) - https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/523907-uninstallingreinstalling-prepar3d-v4/

Any preferences from your side regarding the 3 methods?

Thanks

Difficult for me to answer that my friend because I don't know which or how many addons you have installed.  But all things being equal, it's impossible to disagree with Mathijs.... a complete (total) uninstall of everything (ground zero) and then reinstalling everything can cost you time in the reinstall, however it may very likely save you time over all.

Hey, keep us in the loop on this, will you?  We like to follow up on things like this.

Best wishes!

Hi,

Well I went with Mathijs suggestion and completely uninstalled P3Dv4. I re-downloaded, did the checksum test (OK), verified it and did a test flight (also OK).

Do I have to install the legacy simconnects again as per your previous post or are the installed when I installed P3D?

I also uninstalled/deleted the Aerosoft A318/319 and downloaded it again from the website. Question: anything specific (before I install) with the aircraft installation?

Thanks for continued help

3 hours ago, Juergen2 said:

Do I have to install the legacy simconnects again as per your previous post or are the installed when I installed P3D?

Yes sir.

3 hours ago, Juergen2 said:

I also uninstalled/deleted the Aerosoft A318/319 and downloaded it again from the website. Question: anything specific (before I install) with the aircraft installation?

Just run the AS Updater "As Admin" after install.

God job!

Hi Dave & Mathijs,

After all that, I am sorry to say it's still the same situation.

However, what I noticed is:

I had the joystick throttle in IDLE. I then did some FMGC programming and noticed that the aircraft throttles had moved (w/o any input from me) to that strange position between the H and R of THR. Since the joystick throttle was still at IDLE, I used the F1 key to return the A/C throttles to the idle detend. I than looked at the aircraft throttles and noticed that after approx. 1 minute the A/C throttles moved forward to that H-R position, away from idle. This is repeatable every time I move the A/C throttles back to idle detend with the F1 key.

I also moved the joystick throttles to the Climb detend and observed the A/C throttles: ROCKSOLID! they did NOT move (no spiking in that position!)

So something is moving the throttles away from idle and holding it there - hardware or software?

BTW I did a calibrate in P3D! I installed the simconnects (no problem); ran the ASUpdater as suggested;

I now have two options to troubleshoot the problem further:

FSUIPC - I asked before which version of FSUIPC free or registered is necessary to program the joystick? [highly unlikely that it is a hardware issue]

WIN10 - I have another drive with ONLY a registered copy of Windows10 on it (wanted to install XPLANE11 on it). I could install P3Dv4 and Aerosoft A318/319 Professional on it to troubleshoot the OS side of the problem.

Any other thoughts from your side

Thanks

Hi Dave & Mathijs,

Here it is: installed P3Dv4 & the Aerosoft A318/319 Prof. on my "spare" drive and the throttle levers are rock solid at the IDLE detend. The only other difference between the 2 drives was Chaseplane, so I un-installed it on my original P3d drive. Same result - throttle levers do NOT return to the IDLE detend.

So I will now tackle the dreaded  "Format - re-install of the OS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will report back

Archived