MCDU loses track of flight

chumley

The issue is:

Loaded a flight from NZAA to NZQN (plan attached).

Flew from NZAA and aircraft followed flightplan until just after waypoint DUON. As the aircraft approached DUBON I noticed a small 'kink' in the green line which i thought to be a resolution issue. However, after passing DUBON instead of counting down the distance to the next waypoint (MAMUS) distance started to count Nautical Miles from DUBON until it reached the 'kink' (about 15nm south of DBON) where the aircraft first turned in a reasonably steep bank to the right then the green line disappeared and the aircraft made a steep bank to the left aligning the heading with MAMUS (on the PFD), the next waypoint was shown was ELRUV on the PFD but the MCDU showed the next waypoint was still MAMUS with the T/D coincident with it.

The aircraft continued to T/D, descended and from MAMUS to destination performed flawlessly.

It should be noted that a flight using the exact same plan, weather, aircraft (A319 Lufthansa D-AIBA Neuflotte Paint) earlier in the day CTD at this point where the aircraft made it's sudden and unexpected banks. May have been the cause or my have been a coincidence.

I have some screenies of the MCDU and the PFD disparities at the point the green line disappeared.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

3 hours ago, chumley said:

The issue is:

Flew from NZAA and aircraft followed flightplan until just after waypoint DUON. As the aircraft approached DUBON I noticed a small 'kink' in the green line which i thought to be a resolution issue. However, after passing DUBON instead of counting down the distance to the next waypoint (MAMUS) distance started to count Nautical Miles from DUBON until it reached the 'kink' (about 15nm south of DBON) where the aircraft first turned in a reasonably steep bank to the right then the green line disappeared and the aircraft made a steep bank to the left aligning the heading with MAMUS (on the PFD), the next waypoint was shown was ELRUV on the PFD but the MCDU showed the next waypoint was still MAMUS with the T/D coincident with it.

The aircraft continued to T/D, descended and from MAMUS to destination performed flawlessly.

It should be noted that a flight using the exact same plan, weather, aircraft (A319 Lufthansa D-AIBA Neuflotte Paint) earlier in the day CTD at this point where the aircraft made it's sudden and unexpected banks. May have been the cause or my have been a coincidence.

I have some screenies of the MCDU and the PFD disparities at the point the green line disappeared.

The next time you provide a flight plan, would you please just provide the flight plan in text format?  We don't like to click on unknown links.

Many thanks!

EDIT:  My apologies... I see now that the flight plan file was uploaded to our forum, and was not an external link.

3 hours ago, chumley said:

The issue is:

I'm not sure what program you used to create the FLP file, however there are errors in it.

Your flight plan (see below) started with an airway rather than a waypoint or Direct To waypoint.  I've included what a flight plan should look like.

Can you please try creating the same flight plan using SimBrief and see if that is any better?

Your original flight plan:

[CoRte]
ArptDep=
ArptArr=NZQN
Airway1=Y320
Airway1FROM=KAPAI
Airway1TO=LAKAR
Airway2=Y628
Airway2FROM=LAKAR
Airway2TO=DUBON
Airway3=Q787
Airway3FROM=DUBON
Airway3TO=MAMUS
Airway4=Y886
Airway4FROM=MAMUS
Airway4TO=ELRUV
Airway5=Y898
Airway5FROM=ELRUV
Airway5TO=MADIP
Airway6=Q531
Airway6FROM=MADIP
Airway6TO=TARAX
Airway7=Q617
Airway7FROM=TARAX
Airway7TO=LUNGA

NZAA

Example of a correctly formated flight plan:

[CoRte]
ArptDep=EDDF
ArptArr=EGLL
DctWpt1=SOBRA
DctWpt1Coordinates=49.860828,7.775560
Airway2=Y180
Airway2FROM=SOBRA
Airway2TO=BITBU
Airway3=Y181
Airway3FROM=BITBU
Airway3TO=MAKIK
Airway4=UY181
Airway4FROM=MAKIK
Airway4TO=DEMUL
Airway5=UM624
Airway5FROM=DEMUL
Airway5TO=BUB
Airway6=UL608
Airway6FROM=BUB
Airway6TO=SUMUM
Airway7=L608
Airway7FROM=SUMUM
Airway7TO=LOGAN
Notes=Tutorial flight

Your flight plan begins with an Airway (Airway1=Y320), but you need a jumping on point (waypoint) before the airway.  If you look at the flight plan I provided as an example, you'll see that the flight plan begins with a waypoint (DctWpt1=SOBRA) which in this case is a Direct To waypoint.

I hope this helps!

Best wishes.

Hello

I downloaded the route from 'RouteFinder', imported it into 'Little NavMap' and generated a .flp file using the exporter into the A3XX Flightplans folder.

I then uploaded it into the MCDU and flew the route with the outcomes described in my first post.

I suspect the .flp exporter may have been for use with the Airbus Extended. I will make a comment on the Avsim forum for Alex to have a look at the output.

Since reading your comments I generated a flightplan in the Company Route Editor using the same source - 'RouteFinder' and then flew it once more earlier today with no repeat of last evenings issues.

I have an account with Simbrief, have reactivated it and will use it in future. Just need to update the Navigraph data and all should be good to go.

Thanks once again for your prompt attention.

Best regards.

Archived