symptoms after sp1 install

sagamol

I guess you have to take the good with the bad. after installing sp1, my fsx performance has improved dramatically ( see other post on duo core ). it's kinda funny though, it seems everything is running faster, including the airplanes when on the taxiway. they act like they have ADHD and need a good shot of riddelin (sp). they "hop" down the taxiway, puffing smoke from the tires when they touch the runway/taxiway and look like they are doing the hokie pokie.....is there anything I can do to get them to "calmly" get to takeoff position and after landing to their gate, without them jumping all over the place???

any help would be appreciated.....

Tom

no Shawn, it does this with every aircraft. it actually does this "jumping" when i'm on the ground and somethimes in the air. The alorons flip up and make the plane tip the nose up very quickly, then goes back to normal.....not sure what is causing this

Tom

• Aerosoft
no Shawn, it does this with every aircraft. it actually does this "jumping" when i'm on the ground and somethimes in the air. The alorons flip up and make the plane tip the nose up very quickly, then goes back to normal.....not sure what is causing this

Tom

If it only happens with you own aircraft, I would suspect your joystick to cause spikes. As SP1 is now pretty old I can't imagine this being an issue that only affects your system.

• Aerosoft
it wasn't doing this before i installed sp1 and it only does it near the ground or when on the ground....

I believe that Tom, but with a few hundred of thousand people using the SP1 files, it would be strange that you found a bug that was no yet documented. Does it do the same if you disable the joystick?

It will be a flight controller issue. There's no change on the mesh front in SP1 that would cause such a problem. Likely candidate is that you haven't quite got the same null zone settnigs you had before and this is allowing the control `spikes` to show up. Choose a plabne with a yoke. Sit in the VC, watch the virtual controller. If it moves when you don't move your controller that's a `spike`.

Good Morning Simon,

I did as you suggested and yes, the yoke in VC is making jerky moves at times when I just make very minor adjustments. I re-calibratet my yoke and include a pic of my settings. I have not changed them since I bought the yoke a few month ago, so they are the same as they were when things worked fine. I did however install a few add-on planes I downloaded from avsim over time, but I am not sure if any of them caused this issue to surface.....

I am not sure

Tom

If you have more than one joystick plugged it, you could get jerky movements like you described.

When I want to use my yoke, I have to unplug my Saitek X45 (and vice versa)... otherwise I'll get the same problem.

No its HARDWARE, not software related and looking for a solution among addon aircraft is a waste of time. Assuming there isn't a second controller plugged in at the same time, then you need to solve the problem by cleaning or replacing the potentiometers in the yoke, or by masking the effect using the advanced functions of a paid-for copy of FSUIPC.

With that said, one cause that hasn't been explored is the socket into which the controller is plugged - is it plugged into its own USB port or do you use a hub? If you do, and it's a powered hub, the spike could be caused by the hub, not the controller - again, easy to check. Plug the controller into a different - and dedicated usb port and repeat the in-VC experiment.

Hi Tom,

I find it odd considering the following:

1. Everything was working just fine prior to installing SP1 and I believe in looking at corrollary occurances, even if incidental.

2. While hardware can go bad at anytime, you have mentioned it is a fairly new Yoke from CH products..possible, but still...

3. One thing you mentioned is worth noting: even if the hardware is producing "spikes" why would aircraft hop while on a taxiway? For instance, if I use my joystick to jerk an ailron or elevator suddenly, my planes don't hop around while on the ground (by the way, does this ever occur when the aircraft is completely stationary?) I'm not saying a spike couldn't cause this, I'm really asking if this is possible...anyone?

Some more tips to try: Do you have any other flight sim products? Try taxiing and flying in those and see if you get the same effect.

Go to the control panel in your OS and select your gaming device (in this case the Yoke) or use the calibration software (if applicable) from CH and go to calibration as you have done before, only now see if you get spikes or sudden movement after performing a calibration WITHIN THE CALIBRATION software. If it is hardware related you should see these spikes in the calibration pane I think as it usually returns the device to center in real time and you can should be able to detect movement.

Also, a couple of last tips: Mathijs had a really good suggestion - did you ever try removing the joystick and just use the keyboard?

As Snave recommended - have you had a chance to try a different USB port?

its my joystick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hooked up my old SAITEK290 pro and the problem with the erratic elevator movements stopped..everything worked smooth..

I also deleted the old fsx.cfg and let the program load a new one, thinking if it was a program error a re-write of the cfg would fix it....nada....

so now, how do I fix my CH YOKE??? take it apart..it must be reading something wrong when I pull back on the Yoke??? I will contact CH and see if there is customer support...but if any of you know of a solution, please let me know....

thank you all for your input on this "nagging" issue....

Tom

• Aerosoft
its my joystick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hooked up my old SAITEK290 pro and the problem with the erratic elevator movements stopped..everything worked smooth..

I also deleted the old fsx.cfg and let the program load a new one, thinking if it was a program error a re-write of the cfg would fix it....nada....

so now, how do I fix my CH YOKE??? take it apart..it must be reading something wrong when I pull back on the Yoke??? I will contact CH and see if there is customer support...but if any of you know of a solution, please let me know....

thank you all for your input on this "nagging" issue....

Tom

Taking a sip of Bordeaux, muttering "told you so" Mathijs leans back and looks smug.

I know I even irritate myself some days.