Landing settings

GaryMcCl

Hi,

I've flown the A318 aircraft a number of times, but more than not I'm getting a problem with the landing settings.  If you look at the screenshot here, it shows you that the aircraft is trying to accelerate, even when I'm on approach and I have the setting for speed down to 188 knots (higher than it should be, but it doesn't matter, the engines seem to be trying to get the aircraft faster). I have done the flight without any problems until it has come down to landing, and the system wants to ignore what I have the speed set to.  The aircraft is also telling me to reduce speed, so why, automatically, is it going very fast and ignoring what I have the speed set to, and what IT wants to do?

Thanks, Gaz

1 hour ago, GaryMcCl said:

Hi,

I've flown the A318 aircraft a number of times, but more than not I'm getting a problem with the landing settings.  If you look at the screenshot here, it shows you that the aircraft is trying to accelerate, even when I'm on approach and I have the setting for speed down to 188 knots (higher than it should be, but it doesn't matter, the engines seem to be trying to get the aircraft faster). I have done the flight without any problems until it has come down to landing, and the system wants to ignore what I have the speed set to.  The aircraft is also telling me to reduce speed, so why, automatically, is it going very fast and ignoring what I have the speed set to, and what IT wants to do?

Thanks, Gaz

Hello Gary, welcome to my neck of the woods (Gary and I have been communicating on AVSIM about how to set up and use ChasePlane).

Looking at your screen shot, there are a few things wrong and a few things I can't see but would bet need changing.

Have you flown the tutorial and given the manuals a look see yet my friend?  This I'm afraid is something you'll have to spend some time doing with an aircraft like the Airbus Pro.

Hi Dave, how are you!? Good to see you here. 

To be honest, I wasn't aware of these tutorials. Are they downloadable, or do they come with the package?

Gaz

50 minutes ago, GaryMcCl said:

Hi Dave, how are you!? Good to see you here. 

Yeah, youre in my house now, so welcome!

51 minutes ago, GaryMcCl said:

To be honest, I wasn't aware of these tutorials. Are they downloadable, or do they come with the package? 

They are included with the install, just see the documentation and youll be all set my friend.

42 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Yeah, youre in my house now, so welcome!

Thanks Dave! 

I'll have a look in the tutorials. I didn't realise there was any - great stuff! 

Gaz

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Gaz, and next time please attach your screenshots directly to your post, no need to upload them elsewhere.

3 hours ago, mopperle said:

Hi Gaz, and next time please attach your screenshots directly to your post, no need to upload them elsewhere

Thanks.  I didn't see I could actually upload them here! I will do it next time.

17 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Have you flown the tutorial and given the manuals a look see yet my friend

Hi Dave

I can't find the tutorials..  I can see where they should be in P3D, but only 'out of the box' ones are there.

I think I may have sorted my problem with the speed issue - I think it was my throttle. I hadn't changed it's setting since just after I took off, but in the past I was under the impression that you don't normally do that until you're roughly 20ft above the arrival runway and you hear 'retard' (at which I was always pulling the throttle to idle, and pulling back slightly on the joystick).  Anyway, I will work on it. It's worrying that you say that there are a few things wrong!  In the past, when I haven't had this problem with the speed, it's worked fine. 

Just to note; you mentioned on one of our previous conversations that my machine wasn't really up to spec, and I need better. I said that I was usually getting at least 40fps, but on one of my test runs I landed at Heathrow (with the UK2000 addon), and my frame rates went down to 10!!! Unfortunately I'm stuck to having to live with a laptop because of where I am, and I thought this was a good one - clearly not great :( . Do you get laptops that are as good as tower machines?

Gaz

• Deputy Sheriffs

You can find the tutorial in a folder named documentation under the folder where you installed the Airbus. it should also be available via the Windows Start menu.

5 minutes ago, mopperle said:

You can find the tutorial in a folder named documentation under the folder where you installed the Airbus. it should also be available via the Windows Start menu

Sorry, I thought you meant a Tutorial that is actually in P3D. I've looked at that documentation, but I'll take another look.  I'm getting an error now, and can't load the aircraft, but I'll put it on another thread.

Thanks

Gaz

6 hours ago, GaryMcCl said:

Just to note; you mentioned on one of our previous conversations that my machine wasn't really up to spec, and I need better. I said that I was usually getting at least 40fps, but on one of my test runs I landed at Heathrow (with the UK2000 addon), and my frame rates went down to 10!!! Unfortunately I'm stuck to having to live with a laptop because of where I am, and I thought this was a good one - clearly not great :( . Do you get laptops that are as good as tower machines?

There are some very good (and expensive) gaming laptops, but laptops rarely match what you can build in a desktop.  But if you have to go that way, then get as much system from a quality company as you can.  Additionally, people sometimes have problems keeping the components in desktop towers cool when pushing them as hard as we can with FSX/P3D, so consider this when looking for another laptop.

I don't know if you got 40fps using payware airport scenery, but default scenery (which have single digit percentiles of what payware scenery has) will always provide better frame rates that complex payware airport scenery.  The larger and more complex the scenery the bigger toll it takes, and Heathrow is both very large and very complex (likely at or near the top of the list).

Best wishes!

42 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

There are some very good (and expensive) gaming laptops

I would be happy to invest in one, but I'll just have to still continue with my 'training' at the moment.  I'm unable to get a tower or desktop because of where I live - I essentially don't have the space. It may change in the future - just got to wait and see I suppose.

Thanks, Dave

Gaz

Archived