Anyone else pissed off Canada shop closed

linuxwolf

Mathijs; you have no idea of the size of the smile that just crossed my face(it hurts now :lol: )If you can teach this "old dog" the "new trick" of

downloading successfully , trust me , you could get A N Y B O D Y to do it successfully.

Looking forward to helping you ,,help me :D

From your critically computer challenged customer for life

Randy

Oh, and I wont use the freeloading teenagers help either

• Aerosoft
Mathijs; you have no idea of the size of the smile that just crossed my face(it hurts now :lol: )If you can teach this "old dog" the "new trick" of

downloading successfully , trust me , you could get A N Y B O D Y to do it successfully.

Looking forward to helping you ,,help me :D

From your critically computer challenged customer for life

Randy

Oh, and I wont use the freeloading teenagers help either

Ahhh get a freeloading teenager, cheaper, lol.

Could you give me some idea where the problem is? In the whole chain of buying or more after the choice box/download?

Mathijs;

Hello, there really isn't a problem that I know of with buying on-line; obviously many, many do so every day. It's just all my experiences so far (although rather limited) with purchased flight Sim products has been from local stores or dealers. As an example when I noticed an add for your company for the first time, I called Richard and ordered the A-10, there is, lets say a "need, maybe” to talk to a real person. I guess I could have just e-mailed him and went from there, but for some reason I chose a real live conversation. Aside from that, the only times I have tried to download was to try Freeware from some of the sites that the Sim magazine I subscribe to recommends. Needless to say without the back-up or proper direction to install or direct those files to the proper locations in my computer, that download time was wasted. Maybe it is just the fear of wasting the downloading time (seeing as I have dial-up internet) and then after that not being able to find the exact location of the file I have just downloaded let alone being able to then place that file in the appropriate location for the game to run properly. Don’t think I am comparing the lack of help from the freeware people to the obvious exceptionally professional attitude and help that I have noticed that your company supplies its customers, there is no comparison. Please excuse this possibly long winded post, I thought a little background would help explain.

Thanks again

Randy

Okay, I like the idea. "Download shopping for dummies" if you excuse the pun. I will use you and Ripmaster as the testers. You each get one free download and follow the text I will create to see where I go to fast, to slow to what ever. Deal?

I'll be happy to test for you. I can also write a draft on how to archive (read: backup) your download and serial/registration info to either a directory on your hard drive or burn to CD...

• Aerosoft

I'll be happy to test for you. I can also write a draft on how to archive (read: backup) your download and serial/registration info to either a directory on your hard drive or burn to CD...

Or better, teach you why this is not needed at all. Working on it.

The nice thing here is that Mathjis knows he will never lose us a customers:)

Initally I was concerned because it 'appeared' that I would be abandoned as a customer without some hardship on my part. I needed an update to the MyTraffic CD I purchased last spring from the Canadian outlet.

After this service was discontinued it looked like it was going to cost me a King's ransom to get and updated CD shipped from Germany inlcuding shipping my original back to Germany. That perception was resolved within a week an the CD was shipped for a total shipping charge of 4 EU and there was no requirement for me to send the original disk back to Aerosoft (as indicated on the webpage). :lol:

So while I would prefer to deal with my Canadian distributor, who always gave terrific service, I can't complain about the way Aerosoft handled my requirement or their business reasons for making the decision to change the way product is distributed in NA.

Brent

• Aerosoft

Initally I was concerned because it 'appeared' that I would be abandoned as a customer without some hardship on my part. I needed an update to the MyTraffic CD I purchased last spring from the Canadian outlet.

After this service was discontinued it looked like it was going to cost me a King's ransom to get and updated CD shipped from Germany inlcuding shipping my original back to Germany. That perception was resolved within a week an the CD was shipped for a total shipping charge of 4 EU and there was no requirement for me to send the original disk back to Aerosoft (as indicated on the webpage). :lol:

So while I would prefer to deal with my Canadian distributor, who always gave terrific service, I can't complain about the way Aerosoft handled my requirement or their business reasons for making the decision to change the way product is distributed in NA.

Brent

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Slower then expected (took the weekend off to install a new server), but still being worked on.

I know this is bringing up an old question, but as the F-16 nears its release date

I find it necessary to revive it, as once this incredable aircraft is available I Must

Get it in my computer as soon as I can :rolleyes:

Randy

Ok sorry in advance if I come off harsh... Really.

One thing I will say, totally awesome that Aerosoft offered phone service! I am shocked! I never knew that. In my book, Aerosoft just gained super points for that! But what problems could a person have that is so tough with addons that they need phone support? :blink: I have many 3rd patry addons:

PMDG

Digital Aviation

Overland

Aerosoft

Virtualcol

Alpha Sim

Captain Sim

Ariane

Level-D

Many Flight 1 addons

Fly Tampa

FSDT

Cloud 9

Flightzone 01/02

CLS

And that is just to name a few!

Wheras I have had issues with ALL of these products. A simple and extensive search on the internet forums, I have ALWAYS found my answers. And I am allllllll the way in California.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q_qGeA6Whc

This was my most recent problem regarding Cloud 9. I posted in the forum with a link to the video and had an answer on the forum within 24 hours from FSDT staff.

What is better about NOT having phone help, is when you post in the forums, you allow other people who encounter the same issue down the line solve problems without wasting anyones time.

All those support issues you guys had up in Canada, all those phone conversations, all those issues solved. The rest of the world with the same issues didn't get to hear...

Thus I think it is much better to save Aerosoft money and get all your problems solved right here!! Just like the rest of us. And I might add, the customer service here is wonderful indeed. Just look what Mathijs has done as a result to help you guys out and keep you all happy. And you guys are Pi$$ed for not having phone support? "Boohoo wahhh". You gotta be frickin kidding me right?! Hell, I guess i'd be Pi$$ed too... :rolleyes: Laughing out loud here!!

The customer service here is awesome! Canada, welcome to the club! ;)

Do never offset Aerosoft customer service to India Mathijs! Never! :lol:

My next point, what is the problem with downloading download versions? It is faster and cheaper! It has never taken my systems longer than 10 minutes to download a product(except Flight 1 UT EU/US & GE). Why go through the hassle of shipping and handling? Because you like to hold the box in your hands? You like the feeling of opening the box like Christmas?? :lol: I have downloaded all my addons, backed them up to DVD or external harddrive, put them on the shelf.

Even if you have slow internet connection and it takes all night, still faster than mail right??

Sorry if I seem like an AHOLE <_< But seriously. Welcome to the club guys.

Happy simming.

$00.02 Complete