Overspeed in cruise mode

Just an observation hasn't ripped the plane apart yet but, Flight plan has speed constraints and altitude constraints, autopilot is following the altitude but as for the speed it isn't. mach .77 is the constraint however it (the Plane)has chosen .838 and nothing I have tried can change it. I have tried right clicking the speed button and setting it manually but no response. I have then left clicked the button back in and still no change. The throttles are set to CL. I did get one master caution but reset it and nothing has changed since. I have also tried reprogramming the contraints in the FMC as well but nothing seems to convince the aircraft to change the speed. It will affect the fuel flow and usage but luckily on this flight I loaded extra fuel. Not sure if this is a high altitude problem as I have not seen this on flights between 14k and 20k altitudes. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please always provide screenshots of all relevant parts (PFD, ND, FCU, flight plan page in MCDU) so that we can see, in what state your bus was.

1 hour ago, Johnnyo411 said:

Thanks for the quick response. I have made an RTF file with some screenshots. Hope that is what was needed. 

For computer security reasons we usually don't click on external links.  It would be much better if you could upload a video or screen shots.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best wishes!

Archived