Low fps with quite good pc

jonas23

• Aerosoft

Yes, as I explained already that fluctuation is because we do a lot on a Frame by Frame base. But if it goes down to 25 I would say it is still very usable. 

And please believe me SP1 will not change the issues you see, we will not build in stabilizing code that slows things down to prevent fluctuations. As long as it does not go to single digits and remains at 25 fps like on your system it remains perfectly usable in our opinion. The changes in the displays that is pending is the replacement of the PFD with a new C++ version (it is now XML). But in our test that does nothing for FPS. 

As I also said before we have never released any product that did not cause FPS issue for some people, almost always there is simply nothing we can do. This aircraft is as optimized as we can make it. To make it faster would mean to remove features or modeling.

1 hour ago, westman said:

Did unlimited FPS test at Orbx ESSA 01L , 4k 4MSAA 

have quite strong System 8700K 5.3ghz 4133mhz c17mems 2 X 1080TI SLI

Carenado C208 80fps

MJC Q400          69fps

AS 319                67fps

PMDG NGX        60fps

MadDog X          60fps

GLS 25               60fps RXP GTN750 and GTN650 running

PMDG 777          58fps

PMDG 747          52fps

AS CRJ               52fps

FSL A319            47fps

some seems to be CPU bound and some more GPU bound and one both

Did a test with Disabled SLI on the Aerosoft A319 seems that this bird like GPU power   same senario With SLI 67fps then disable SLI (single 1080TI) 53fps on pair with the CRJ that have 52 with or without SLI enabled , cpu 4ghz single 1080TI  42fps.

Can be a reason wy they get bad performance with older GPU,s it hit hard on the frames when a GPU bottleneck.

50 FPS and above, who needs it? I'll be glad to have 25 FPS.
which I only notice negatively, at night with lights switched on and "dynamic light" the utilization of my GTX 1070 jumps from 37 to 100 % I find that enormous......
greets

I read also so many comments regarding the good Performance and I believe the Airbus runs very well. The previous Version runs also with high frames. As every System is different, there is the possibility the low Frames concern only some users.

I was only suprised that since the Airbus Installation my Prepard3D slowed down at all Airports and with all aircrafts. Only that was the  

My Graphiccard (GTX 980TI) shows mainly a load between 70 - 90% and max. of 4Gb Memory from 6 are used.  And my CPU (6700K 5Ghz) allowed normally high Settings and goods Frames in complex situations.

I will think about a re-installation of my Prepar3D, because everything I tried does not help.

Just a casual observeation, especially for those who fly online with others...

Time, or elapsed time in the sim is tied to frame rates not computer time, and the perfect frame rate for keeping accurate elapsed time in the sim seems to be 30fps.  So if you're flying online with others and we assume the same ground speed and (for instance) the same arrival (which often happens during online events), and you have a frame rate slower than 30fps you're going to lag behind other aircraft and if you're faster than 30fps you're going to be flying faster than others who are traveling at the same ground speed.

This is just something most people don't consider, so I'm just sharing the info for anyone who might benefit by it.

Best wishes.

40 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Just a casual observeation, especially for those who fly online with others...

Time, or elapsed time in the sim is tied to frame rates not computer time, and the perfect frame rate for keeping accurate elapsed time in the sim seems to be 30fps.  So if you're flying online with others and we assume the same ground speed and (for instance) the same arrival (which often happens during online events), and you have a frame rate slower than 30fps you're going to lag behind other aircraft and if you're faster than 30fps you're going to be flying faster than others who are traveling at the same ground speed.

This is just something most people don't consider, so I'm just sharing the info for anyone who might benefit by it.

Best wishes.

Yes, I always run Vsync 30HZ unlimited and tripplebuffering , but you need headroom ( worst case senario) if your settings can do atleast 35 40fps on payware airport at bad conditions you ar qutite safe that the sim hold 30fps 99% of the flight

• Aerosoft

I am closing this topic as I honestly believe all is said. In the end it all boils down to the fact that we can proof that this aircraft runs fine (in fact is very fast in comparison to other complex aircraft) when the OS and the sim is correct. If you check our forum you will find many, many posts that confirm that when you have a problem fixing the sim solves the issues people might have. For example just now:

Feel free to open a new topic if there is new information. But please search the forum for similar issues because really everything that could be said has been said about this topic. If you have an idea why the files are faulty even though thousands upon thousands of customers do NOT have FPS issues we gladly discuss that.

Archived