Very intense (but amazing) video - flying near a storm

Robert S

This is a video I found of our proud military men flying near a very intense storm over Iraq...the situation becomes quite tense and extremely dangerous at one point. They were 40 miles (!) from the storm but were not expecting what happened...

Watch for St Elmo's fire and a complete shock at 4:35 into the video...by the way, can anyone guess what type of aircraft?

• Aerosoft
This is a video I found of our proud military men flying near a very intense storm over Iraq...the situation becomes quite tense and extremely dangerous at one point. They were 40 miles (!) from the storm but were not expecting what happened...

Watch for St Elmo's fire and a complete shock at 4:35 into the video...by the way, can anyone guess what type of aircraft?

Whoooo...

could it be a KC tanker? It's a 4 engined thing for sure.

OK you two have guessed it correctly; its a KC135.

I wonder if anyone has an effects file for St Elmos fire in FSX or FS2004? I haven't ever done a search for that, maybe I will today and if I find anything I'll follow up with another post.

• Aerosoft
OK you two have guessed it correctly; its a KC135.

I wonder if anyone has an effects file for St Elmos fire in FSX or FS2004? I haven't ever done a search for that, maybe I will today and if I find anything I'll follow up with another post.

We planned that for the F16, but it is a bit tricky to define the conditions that should make it start and stop.