SeaHawk Jayhawks Ship Landing Pad Issue.

Shaun Fletcher

Yea, thanks for the quick reponse, great job. And that gives me all weekend to actually figure out how to land on the ships. Love this Seahawk sofar though, great product.

While Your at it...

Look for the Rotor blade fold animation. After folding the rotor blades, all the helicopter is doing, is making a jump (I think it loads another model), but the rotor blades are still spread, allthough the panel say folded.

Wothan

Thanks Shaun for approving my message board membership, and for acknowledging the landing pad problems. :) The tools for placing the ships anywhere as scenery files is genius. Thank you Aerosoft for this product, and allowing me to "Charlie" test it for you. ;)

PS: Hello Mathjiskok and Francois! I'm a fan.

yes the red bar issue is annoying, but in case you didnt know, switching to 2D panel cockpit then back to virtual cockpit rids of the red bar,

but every time you start with that chopper you have to do it again,

man i wish this thing would stop hopping around like it has hydraulics lol,

anyone know if they will have this issue resolved in a patch soon, and if so what causes this, cause i have noticed some 3rd party aircraft do this, not all just some

i would care to know so that i can fix this on some of my FS( ports and other aircraft, and for future reference as i will be making my own FSX aircraft soon 8)

I think it is due to the center of gravity / weight. Try to lower the amount od fuel to 25% and see if the issue still persist !

Wothan

yeah but the aircraft shouldn't do that to begin with, none of the default FSX planes/helis do that and certainly one i buy should not do that, freeware i could understand, please note im in no way knocking aerosoft, infact i own just about everything they put out to date, :D

and i should not have to lower my fuel to fix this, yes for a test i can understand where you are coming from but as i said above the reality is it shouldnt do this in the first place,

the FS9 port didnt do it, dunno what the deal is maybe this is a fsx bug, but i know for a fact it can be fixed, there are a few payware addons that i own that have since made patches to fix this problem, think just flight was one of them with there flying club x, im not sure i dont remember exactly who or what plane is was,

speaking of hoping the nemeth designs new ch53 also has the hoping syndrome, but not as bad as this bird does,

anyways i have come here with yet another problem that i dont understand and was wondering if anyone else sees what im seeing i have seen a screenshot and very small part of the mirror was visable from someone over at SOH and think I'm not alone on this one(I hope) please take a look at the screenshots below, first one is the Jayhawk FS9 port and second is the new FSX model, note the side mirrors, one looks fine the other has these funny looking dots and is very distorted is this the way ther are supposed to be Shaun (Aerosoft) :?:

th_fs9port.jpg th_mirrorproblem.jpg

I seem to have the same thing with the mirrors also, not to mention the hopping.

Flying is fine, but being on the ground or on a boat is really annoying at this point. I love the product, but it seems there's still some bugs to tackle and that hopping around like a flee is one of them. :P

Still, the thing flies like a charm, I love it. 8)

I am sure that it is a problem with FSX. I have alot of addons for FSXa nd many of them does the same.

For instance I have Nemeth bros CH53E wich have the exact same problem.

Wothan

We sincerely apologise for the problem regarding the ships landing pads.

We believe we have resolved the issue and a Fix should be out Monday or Tuesday.

I am a new customer to Aerosoft. This addon was the first I have ever purchased. Although I like the helicopter, I must say that this will also be the last product I buy from Aerosoft.

A problem as big as this (not being able to land on the ships) should have been caught well before release. I see no real excuse for a problem of this magnitude to have passed a proper beta test.

Even so, I was content with waiting for the update that should have come out Monday or Tuesday.

Here it is, Wednesday now, and not only is there no fix, there isn't even an explanation from the Aerosoft staff, even after 3 members (including myself) have inquired about a status update. If the fix will take longer, that's fine. But at least tell us that. Leaving the customers guessing is no way to do business.

I've heard a lot of good things about Aerosoft. It's a shame that my only experience with the company has to be like this. Unfortunately, this seems to be the standard for flight simulation software development these days...

1) Put out a product that hasn't been properly and thoroughly tested and can't really do what it's advertised to do.

2) Wait for the customers to come up with the list of problems, and hopefully even fixes (therefore bypassing a lot of the expensive and time-consuming beta-testing)

3) Tell the community you'll fix it

4) Disappear for a while

5) Finally release the fix that will make the product work as advertised.

Developers know how dedicated flight simulator enthusiasts are, and unfortunately seem to take advantage of that fact, as though they are impervious to false-advertising laws. It's a shame that such a great hobby has to be tainted by this attitude that has steadily worsened over the past couple of years.

I'm actually a little surprised we haven't heard anything either. I would have figured Shaun would have said something when the fix didn't come out yesterday. I guess I'll keep checking the forums hourly. :)

Yea, it is frustrating to pay 41 dollars for a product and it has issues, but they are working on it, and I would rather them fix it correctly than not. Overall this is an incredible helicopter and is one of the best addon I have purchased. Status update would be nice. Iam also waiting on good status update on the DO27 fixes that sounds like it still being worked on also.

I don't really think that bashing Aerosoft is really going to do much good. The way I know them they are probably sweating on getting these bugs out. Especially since we managed to find a few of them, of which I agree, shouldn't have passed a beta test. I'm sure they are aware of that and working hard to resolve the real issues.

My faith remains with the level of quality and service that they always deliver at Aerosoft, I've been a customer for a few years now and never had anything to complain about.

Let's just be a bit patient and give them the time they need to fix these. It makes sense that they want to tackle a few of the found bugs together instead of coming out with several different patches over the next two weeks. We can fly, it's a beautiful helicopter (and none like it for FSX at this point), so it's not like we have a completely useless product.

Just give them a chance to get it right, they will in the end anyway. ;)

Meanwhile you can place some of the ships around the globe so that once the landing pad fix is out, you can hop yourself crazy from ship to ship around the globe. 8)

I don't really think that bashing Aerosoft is really going to do much good.

Although my words may have sounded rather harsh, the intent wasn't to merely bash Aerosoft, as I am fully aware that such a thing does not solve problems. I simply wanted to be very clear about how their handling of the situation affects their business... in this case, they could have earned another customer who will provide return business, but instead, they have driven me away after having sold only one product to me.

I have browsed their other products, and there are several that I would like to have. Had these problems with this particular product been fixed before making it available, I probably would have already bought a couple more of their titles as I am very pleased with this particular helicopter. Even if they would have made a post on here yesterday that said "hey guys... it's going to take a few more days," I would not feel quite so bitter about it, and they'd still have my business. But the complete lack of communication with customers who paid for a faulty product is absolutely unacceptable.

I do not doubt that they are busy fixing the problem, but it only takes 2 minutes to post an update on the thread.

I agree that these are issues that should have been found in the beta. Unfortunately these days it's hard to distinguish quality beta testers from the crooks that just want a product first and for free. Hopefully Aerosoft will be more picky on who they choose for beta testing in the future. Every beta that I've participated in for Aerosoft I've seen that there are a few of us that are dedicated to checking a product inside and out to the best of our abilities. Unfortunately we also see (or don't see in the beta forum) the losers that are just scamming the system. It happens almost everytime. I unfortunately wasn't in on the beta for the Seahawk.

Aerosoft, i would like to offer my services to you for beta testing,

as i am a inspiring new developer and i work from home so you could imagine i have alot of free time on my hands,

I own many, many freeware and payware addons, i know quite alot about FS in general, and have been simming since FS98, :)

i can assure you i have no interest in ripping anyone off, we are in this for one reason and thats to have awesome fs products,

please let me know if you guys need some testers,

as like i said before i have tons of time and i can assure you quality constructive criticism, as well as helping with any sort of development help you guys need, 8)

It dose seem the case that many of the luckly ones who get to test flightsim addons just want a free copy.from my owe experiance beata testing can be very frustrating and not that easy

But i 2 would like to know when i can land this great bird on the ships that came with the addon,its was the main reason for buying it for me,being able to put a ship anywere in the world and being able to fly and land there,anyway im sure it will get fix soon

steve harris

Unfortunately it's human nature :cry: "The Good you do ,no one remembers. The bad you do no one forgets" Lets all show a little patience, I know Aerosoft have a lot on there plates right now ,but I am ABSOLUTLY confident they will make everything Right

Randy

Wow, still not news on the updates, This sucks, I think they should give everyone a 15% discount on this, that they are currently advertising on their web site for boxed purchases.