Release: Seahawk & Jayhawk X

Hiya Aerosoft

I was very happy to see this chopper available in such a wonderful quality!

So I bought it immediately.

But, hmm there is always a but :cry: I can not find the ships. I mean the shipyard tool works fine etc. all done according the book. But the ship is nowehre...

Am I to stupid? What have I forgotten, please help me out.

I have placed the ship but could not find it. I have only the two Boxer Flight plans where I could find a ship. :shock:

Thanks a lot.

Mutz :(

I had the same issue. You need to copy the created to scenery file (*.bgl) into the following file location: C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSimObjectsBoatsAerosoft_ShipScenery. After the file is loaded in this folder, you should notice that when you start up FSX that it is building new scenery files.

That should be all you have to do, hope this helps.. At least this is the way I did it. :)

Hi

I am an owner of your Seahawk - Navy amphibious support product

(bought on march 14 2005 order number 1000013289)

When I try to buy the downloaded version of Seahawk & Jayhawk X

I fail to have the discount using my registration Key

Can you help me?

I've seen the "new" serial number for Seahawk and Boxer in my account order page, so I've got the discounted FSX version

Thanks , Aerosoft

I had the same issue. You need to copy the created to scenery file (*.bgl) into the following file location: C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSimObjectsBoatsAerosoft_ShipScenery. After the file is loaded in this folder, you should notice that when you start up FSX that it is building new scenery files.

That should be all you have to do, hope this helps.. At least this is the way I did it. :)

Thank you for your help. I found that the shipyard does not produce the *.BGL file. OS I reinstalled the Acft but no effect. I have the *.KML file but can no compile it into *.BGL . I have no clue how to compile otherwise. Any help is very appreciated.

Mutz

I know I had that issue when I did not run as admin with Vista. After changing this it produced the BGL file and after putting this into the correct location it worked fine. May be some type of rights issue. Something to check anyway.

Yes, it´s all nice, but what is with the sound ?

Is there no startup and shutup sound ?

While I do not own the Seahawk X, I believe what you describe is a limitation of FSX. FSX does not have true turbine modeling for helos, as such there is no startup and shutdown sounds. The Acceleration expansion pack for FSX will add a new system which models helo turbines, including startup and shutdown, but I do not know if aerosoft will be releasing an update to take advantage of those new features.

• Aerosoft

While I do not own the Seahawk X, I believe what you describe is a limitation of FSX. FSX does not have true turbine modeling for helos, as such there is no startup and shutdown sounds. The Acceleration expansion pack for FSX will add a new system which models helo turbines, including startup and shutdown, but I do not know if aerosoft will be releasing an update to take advantage of those new features.

We do plan so, but only after the F-16 is released so not this year. There are some issues with the new flight model btw, even if we would be able to use it now I think we would still prefer the one we have. That one is very close to what the chopper should be like on the SAS system.

• 2 months later...

There are no missions, but with the 2.11 update You get aflight situation where You have to take off and land on a moving ship steaming out from Anchorage in bad weather.

Wothan

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I have Seahawk and Jayhawk since today I don't know how to find the other boats, instead of the LHD. Do I need to install them? And can you tell me, where the missions are? I could fly them for a few minutes and than, they were away?! Strange... (and sadly - they are no pilots again in the cockpit:-(

Would be thankful for helping me...

• 3 weeks later...

1. tough luck!

2. write to info@aerosoft-shop.com and we'll sort it out. We are here to sort out problems like that.

A huge thumbs up for this one! I really enjoy seeing payware companies offer to support customers in this way. Speaks very, very well for those who do it.

Cheers,

Ken