Possible Idea?

Guest Souday

Guest Souday

Hello Everyone,

Oliver MUST be getting annoyed with this, but seeing as PM is disabled in this forum I thought this was the best way to tell him (if he didn't already know ofcourse! :P)

I saw this on youtube, and thought it was fantastic. Very similar to AES, but look at all the people! :lol:

And the way they go back/forth to the vehicles and actually drive them, and the way the baggage/container carts pull up to the conveyors.

Sorry if this is a repeat of another thread, but I was impressed :D

All the best,

Alex

I like the animated people. This is a addon to the overland airports, right? I think it is the reason we won't see AES on these airports I think?

In any case.. nicely animated!

Lol I was just about to tell Oliver about that myself the addition of more ramp personal would be wonderful I know that it will add more ploys but I believe with current new systems it shouldn't be a problem at least have it as in option :)

That's urakawas Airport Ground Equipment Dynamic Scenery, would love too see wing walkers and 3d people on the tugs driving up to the aircraft on aes there is so much you could put it aes but like all things its time and money so hopefully Oliver might be able to put that in a future update.

Timo, I have no Idea if Oliver ever apporched the guys at overland for aes but I would love aes for them if it were possible.

Thats VERY cool looking, but to my eye the people are far too big. Look at the size of them compared to the size of the planes windows. They are twice the size they should be!

Wow, I was impressed; especially with the people animation (did you see the guy climbing down the ladder from the large baggage loader). I didn't see any moving jetways or airstairs so the current AES already has them beaten. Hey Oliver it looks like you have some competiton, hope it inspires you to even more greatness.

All I know is I'll never jump ship. AES for life!!! Would getting an AES tattoo be a bit too much :lol: (j/k)

PS: Do the animations come with the Overland airports or is it separate like AES?

Well, the competition comes with a price - 9€ for one airport! And they differ quite a bit in quality. On several airports, all you get is a little traffic on the apron - like that, which is already provided in several newer german airports with AES-lite for free. :?

Timo, I have no Idea if Oliver ever apporched the guys at overland for aes but I would love aes for them if it were possible.

Hi Cesar,

in August this year Oliver answered to a question from another customer that he did not contact them so far but thinks that there would not be an interest to work together to make AES on the Overland airorts possible. But who knows :)

In any case AES in Asia and North Europe would be great!

Imho a little bit excessive. ¿What´s the point of all this movement? I´m not going to stay watching 10 minutes how they load/unload or climb ladders after every flight. I prefer the AES approach, much more fast and straightforward. Gimme the vehicles when i park and that´s enough to get the feeling of "job done", no need to see people moving around for 10 minutes (or whatever they need, too much in my opinion).

Imho a little bit excessive. ¿What´s the point of all this movement? I´m not going to stay watching 10 minutes how they load/unload or climb ladders after every flight. I prefer the AES approach, much more fast and straightforward. Gimme the vehicles when i park and that´s enough to get the feeling of "job done", no need to see people moving around for 10 minutes (or whatever they need, too much in my opinion).

hello Egoix, while I totally respect your opinion, I do believe that adding more wouldn't necessarily mean that's its to much in my opinion it just adds greatly to the life of the airport while some may not want that kind of detail I would definitely love it as I'm sure others will.

I guess I'm just a big eye candy lover lol at least maybe adding in wing walkers while you approach the marshaller. :)

Hi Timo, I really do hope so myself I look forward to some asian airports thanks for the info. :)

Guest Souday

I understand where you are coming from, however, I was thinking as this more of an 'upgrade' to AES (maybe version 2.0) so these animations would be in addition to the features already provided by AES.

The one problem I could see with this is the timing of the people when you want to clear the stand for departure (I would presume that in the overland package it is a fixed time?)

But I still believe more ground movement with people would make AES even more amazing than it already is 8)

All the best,

Alex