Problem with London Heathrow 2008

Lt.Peter

Dear Support!

I've just bought the Heathrow 2008 and I must say it is amazing. One of the nicest sceneries I have ever seen. BUT, I have a very strange problem with it: it dowloads the textures very-very slowly, it means I have to wait app. 20-25 sec to display all the textures. In addition if I go into the FS menu (with ALT button) and go back to the game it starts displaying everything from the beginning or if I fly online at IVAO and open the IVAP window all the textures becames raw and empty and the the whole starts again. I have never experienced such a problem with any of Aerosoft's sceneries, thus I think it migh be a problem with this one. Could you help me to solve this problem, because I can not use the scenery like this. I have P4 3,60GHz, 2,00 GB of RAM and ATI Radeon X800XT VP930 video card.

Thanks,

Peter Onody

Hi!

I chose high resolution. If I choose low resolution after reinstall, would it mean that I will have much worse texture quality? Is there another solution to keep the high resolution and still having normal texture display time?

Peter

Load up Flight Simulator

Click 'Settings'

Click 'Scenery Library'

Double click 'London Heathrow 2008'

Click 'cache this scenery'

Click OK

Exit the scenery library

Restart Flight Simulator

See if that helps.

Regards,

JP

Hi!

I chose high resolution. If I choose low resolution after reinstall, would it mean that I will have much worse texture quality? Is there another solution to keep the high resolution and still having normal texture display time?

Peter

Hi Peter

See, the highres textures are 2-times bigger in resolution then the lowres textures. To use the highres, you need a top high-end PC and a Video-Card with not less then 500MB to work properly!

For your system I recommand to use the lowres-textures (wich are not that bad!) ;)

When you come closer to the airport the scenery engine loads the big mipmaps (in case of HighRes, the realy big ones), which will mean it skips from a 512 x512 texture mipmap to a 1024 x 1024 one) This is an increase of 400% referenced to the data amount.

Some ultra modern graphic cards can handle it, some cannot.

Please try to use the normal textures.

Hope that helps.