AES Questions (Issue?)

cellular

I have just purchased Germany Airport 3 and AES 1.80 and I have to say that i'm really satisfied with them, but i have some questions, and may be issues, of things happening since I have installed them.

After AES installation I launched the AESHelp tool to activate the airports and i received a warning pop-up box for each of the sceneries I have (default and add-ons) alerting about unknown errors found reading my scenery.cfg.

Continuing on the activation screen I received another message saying that almost all of my sceneries were duplicated (and of course this is not true).

After when i ran Fs9 i started to coldly sweat having my plane fluctuating in the nothing!

Opening the scenery library I found all my sceneries deactivated (also the ones mandatory for FS9) and I was able to have back the situation only renaming a file that AES built after its installation.

Now things seem to be fine, but i would like to understand what this can mean also because i'm experiencing more blurries after that and everytime i run AESHelp I continue to get those messages.

Thanks for any help youll be able to provide me and best regards

Giuseppe

• Verified Developer

Hi,

AES will check the Scenery.cfg to see if all Addons are correct in there. It also check, if there are multi entries to the same directory, duplicate ID's, duplicate Layernumbers or other format errors.

AES will make a backup of the scenery.cfg before it change it, so you will find allways the original file with the name scenery-AES-<Timestamp>.CFG in the FSMAIN directory.

I don't know, what happens in your special case, so the only chance we have is to see your scenery.cfg. You can attach it here, or send it to support@aerosoft.com, so that they can forward it to me.

Maybe also interesting is oldes Backup (scenery-AES-<oldest Timestamp>.cfg)

• Verified Developer
i dont see the attachments Ill send them by e mail.

Thanks again

make a ZIP, cfg is not possible here.

• Verified Developer

Hi,

I have checked the cfg's and yes, there is a special condition in the "before AES" cfg, which was not handled correct by AES:

In each [AERA] Block, at the line REMOTE= you find a special Character after the = sign, which is a (Line-Feed = ASC 10).

This could happen, when you have opened the cfg with a text editor, which is not adding the Carriage-Return and Linefeed and the end of each line.

It is better to edit the scenery.cfg with the Wordpad editor, then with the notepad Editor.

Attached you find the "Before" Scenery.cfg in the corrected form (I load it with wordpad and save it, thats all) and you can replace it with you existing one.

The start AEShelp and you will only get the message, that AES-Baseback is missing and when you press YES all is as it has to be.

The upcoming AES Version 1.90 will handle this condition.

Sorry for this problem, but is was not seen before.